Notices

Off to the Salt Mines ..

Old 09-02-2013, 05:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Off to the Salt Mines ..

Well in an hour or so; still down in the pits so to say .. But good thing is when I get off at 530am; there are no liquor stores open .. So I guess I will make it another day sober ..
Old 09-02-2013, 05:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
EndGame

Plodding through the early days of sobriety is the hero's journey. And the benefits are virtually unfathomable until we get there.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am trying. Dealing w\ the physical pain is something I have grown accustomed to; it's the emotional that is hitting me the hardest right now. So of course I want to get wasted. I know that would only cause more pain & trouble; but at times, like now I feel like I am fighting a losing battle
Old 09-02-2013, 09:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

5 minute break & all I can think about is getting wasted tomorrow ... how f'in sad am I
Old 09-02-2013, 11:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

I often found emotional pain so painful, so scary, and so futile to deal with that instead I found a way to just stuff my feelings.......deep down. And truth is, that worked for a while. Eventually though, it backfired. You can't bury it deep enough and sooner or later, they DO start to bubble up to the surface.

A big part of my recovery now is dealing with "issues" as they come (ideally, before they come!), rather than letting they mass up and having a dozen or more hit me all at the same time.

There IS a way......I've done it and so many more have as well. You can too.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Every day sober is a victory for us, AW11. Like you said, drinking would only make your emotional pain worse. Hold on to that truth, keep reaching out for help here and wherever else you can and ride through the cravings. You'll feel like you've achieved something good once you come out the other side sober -- because you will have achieved something good.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanx guys; I want\have been reaching out elsewhere to .. But as for professional, I am in limbo while they review my insurance information .. Happens once a year and I can see my Reg Doc and all NP; but can not make any "new" appointments until I get the AOK from Mass. Health :p Crazy system when I finally am ready to accept\ask for help; I can't LOL
Old 09-03-2013, 04:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi AW. What your going through is a remember when for me and I don't want a repeat performance. During that period it was suggested that I concentrate my thinking to NOT drinking as opposed to thinking about drinking as often the obsession usually only lasts a few minutes. It worked and was used often. BE WELL
Old 09-03-2013, 04:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

For what it's worth, I burned through a bunch of therapists looking for a "good" one. Finding they were all the same (not ALL, just all the ones I tried), I realized AA might be my only shot for a while.

I didn't like AA at the time......didn't trust the ppl......but there was obviously something good going on there. So, while I continued to seek professional help, I also went back to AA. Whether it was all part of some master plan, I don't know, but it worked out perfectly. I ended up finding some great ppl in some great meetings. I also ended up finding that great therapist too. 6 years later, I don't see that therapist anymore but I still am an active member in AA. I've found ALL the help I need in the program for any problem I've had since.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:02 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yea; Thanx But AA is not for me ..
Old 09-03-2013, 05:54 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Been there, done that!

I thought AA was not for me also, I tried so hard to find another away therapy avrt sober recovery but nothing stopped me from smashing myself to pieces.. I decided to give aa another go I know see my ego was to blame for me not connecting with aa! good luck
Old 09-03-2013, 06:24 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hope you are home resting AW - another day ticked off the calendar. Keep putting one foot in front of the other. If you stay sober, keep going to those salt mines, and keep working towards making progress on your living situation, you will be in a better place. It really sucks that it takes so long, doesn't it? Would sure be nice if things turned around overnight - I know I feel that way! Patience is a skill, you are doing the right things. Keep it up.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:34 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

It's ironic BS, I have only ever had patience w\ my ex. Ain't that a kick in the head lol But yea took a small nap after work this am. Now just reading & trying to stay out of my head. Thanx Guys.