Notices

Im 9minutes

Old 09-02-2013, 04:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Im 9minutes

Into day 16 lol and in bed - feeling tired - feeling hopeful for a few hours uninterrupted sleep. This is my only major gripe so far being sober - I cannot sleep!

Have a good fun sober happy day/night u guys - take it easy x gnight x
Old 09-02-2013, 04:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am feeling the same things with sleep - however, I am now finding my sleep when I can finally doze off is deeper than when I was drinking. Have a good night
Old 09-02-2013, 04:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 13unluckyforsom View Post

This is my only major gripe so far being sober - I cannot sleep!
still after 5 years sober here not sleeping well
part of mine now may be due to age ?? 62

I would rather stay awake for a week straight
than to take a drink so as to ease it all

Mountainman
Old 09-02-2013, 04:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's good news jdooner how long have u been sober? My memory is horrendous so I apologise in advance for not always remembering lol..

Bob I think age plays a part - even I'm noticing it at 28 when I wake up now it's harder and harder to get back to sleep.

Anyways this isn't making me sleep lol talk to you lot tomorrow - have a good one
Old 09-02-2013, 04:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ps.. Agree on the drink thing - it's a mugs game!
Old 09-02-2013, 06:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am on day 8, had my first AA meeting last night. Spoke with my sponsor tonight he asked if I was in near term trouble of having a drink, I am not - would love a cigarette right now though but the kids are asleep so that is out of the question. I have tennis tomorrow night and then meeting Wed night. My wife is on her way back tonight, so tomorrow could be rough - she is not supportive of this decision.

Starting to read the big book while watching Nadal play at the US open.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I like nadal - who is he playing?

Does your wife drink or does she not approve of AA?

Either way - regardless of your wife - you and your health need to be put first for a while. You have to be selfish and put you first until you get a grip on this. Well done on the meetings and sounds like your doing the right things keeping busy etc
Old 09-02-2013, 06:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Nadal is playing Kohlschrieber of Germany #22. Looks like Nadal is picking up momentum in the 3rd set.

My wife is an alcoholic and my bottom occurred last week at my brother's wedding as a result of her decisions. Its probably not fair to comment too much on her behavior or disease but her's has progressed much further than mine. She is in denial, I am not anymore.

I need to focus on getting healthy though, work the steps and set an example for myself, my family, kids and hopefully this will inspire her to follow suit or not. Either way, my focus is on me for the time being and as I get healthier we will undoubtedly have to deal with some of the bigger together issues in one way or another. I don't have a problem with being selfish - comes naturally:-)

Sorry for the insomnia. I have been wrestling with it all week - the detox insomnia was almost unbearable.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sounds like a good match.

I remember now reading about the wedding - well you can only help someone if they want to help themselves if she isn't willing then your wasting your energy. As they say you can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink it.

I hope you can stay focused on you and the kids and hopefully your wife will join in at some point - maybe you will inspire her.

But you get sober and stay that way cos your kids need a role model

Managed about 2 hours sleep there lol better than nothing I guess
Old 09-02-2013, 08:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by 13unluckyforsom View Post
Into day 16 lol and in bed - feeling tired - feeling hopeful for a few hours uninterrupted sleep. This is my only major gripe so far being sober - I cannot sleep!

Have a good fun sober happy day/night u guys - take it easy x gnight x
Get some melatonin. Its natural and can help you sleep. Do NOT resort to over the counter sleep aids! I did that, and now 5 years later I am going off them and have been in withdrawal for almost a month. It sucks, but not as bad as alcohol withdrawal.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I cannot sleep well or long either--tried almost everything--still don't get to sleep until six a.m. and up by ten a.m. . . GRRRRR
Old 09-02-2013, 11:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks for the warning nighthawk - it would be just like me to get rid of one addiction for another. I have a really strong fast working addictive nature. Got docs tomorrow - they currently have me on antihistamines to aid sleep - they ain't working! Maybe it's just time it needs and ill try melatonin thanks
Old 09-02-2013, 11:51 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Eleni I am right there beside you stamping my feet because it is terrible clock watching. Hopefully passes soon