new here/confuse...

Old 09-02-2013, 09:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Arrow new here/confuse...

I will start by saying that my wife left me 7 1/2 months ago, and our 2 step kids ( they live with their gramdmom ) for meth, I don't not is this is good for me ,
I was working long hours went I came home she did not spend time with me I deal with that rejection by drinking more, them one day I pick coke.(I only did on Friday night.)one Friday I brought home she saw me (in her own words)
she choose to pick too, I change to crack still only on Friday and she change to meth ( I did not know what meth was until she left me ) few more weekend of this I quit the crack, I went to counselling for alcohol I start drinking less and I though she was using only on Fridays because she work as child care at home and look for 3 small kids, but that wasn't the case she was using every day(she was an addict before she was clean for 10 years on her own.)the things is on December she kick me out she hook with somebody else got pregnant broke with this guy is hard to say this so many guys...
her mother told last night that she prefer to go to hasting St. to pick up drugs than see her kids because she is a junky that is what she told her mother. I miss my wife the one I married not this person. as for me I did quit drinking and drugs my life is getting better
her kids love me. can an meth addict be save?
Old 09-02-2013, 10:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Work in Progress

I think anyone can be saved. But they have to save themselves.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
TMZ

There is always hope !!!

The best you can do is show by example. They must want to find recovery for themselves and their own reasons. You can't change it, you can't control it. For now work on you and your own recovery. that why when she is ready you will be a good support system for her.

Work the program, it works when you work it.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

All addicts can recover if they are at that magical point of clarity and throw themselves completely into their recover and accept that they can never drink or use again.
I am sorry you are so sad but like TMZ said, the best thing you can do is keep working on your own recovery. Things will start looking up you will see.
Remember the same way you are powerless over your alcoholism, you are powerless over her drug addiction. You did not cause it, you cannot control it and you cannot cure it.

Hugs
Old 09-02-2013, 12:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Only she can save herself and right now the best thing for you to do is stay focused on your own recovery.

It can be a hard thing to do, to stay clean and sober, but life becomes worth living again and better days will come.

I'm sorry she is stuck in her addiction, and hope that one day she too will find a better path.

Hugs
Old 09-02-2013, 03:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you for your support to all of you
Old 09-02-2013, 04:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I change to crack still only on Friday and she change to meth

so are YOU smoking crack? but worried about HER addiction? sorry if I read that wrong........
Old 09-02-2013, 06:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
I change to crack still only on Friday and she change to meth

so are YOU smoking crack? but worried about HER addiction? sorry if I read that wrong........
That was last August 2012, the second weekend I quit I look for help at alcohol and drug counselling but she did not. Now I got 115 days sober. And she still using.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Congratulations on 115 days sober .

There is a saying in AA which applies particularly to newcomers who are also double winners: they will get us drunk before we get them sober.
Right now it is imperative that you detach and focus on not using and drinking yourself. You might also consider checking out Nar Anon which is a fellowship for friends and families of addict.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

my problem is alcohol,
I quit crack last aug. 2012