Nar-anon World Convention/NA World Convention

Old 09-01-2013, 07:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nar-anon World Convention/NA World Convention

Hello old friends,
I have just returned home from the NA and Nar-anon world convention in Philadelphia. What a great warm wonderful convention. I sat with Nar-anon members from Japan. Listened to NA as well as Nar-anon speakers from Russia. I sat in a meeting with 17,000 people in recovery. The love was amazing... and I was hugged by people standing in line for my elevator, on line for coffee at Starbucks, even in the street. I walked 7 miles one day just finding my way around the convention hall. My favorite part was when the final NA speaker asked for all the newcomers to stand. He said they were the future of NA - he gave them hope, strength, love. There is a lot of recovery out there! Keep the faith - love, jeepgirl
Old 09-02-2013, 04:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hey there Jeepgirl, it's good to see you.

I have been lucky enough to have been to a couple of conventions that included NA and Nar-anon both and what wonderful, heart lifting, events they were. I cannot describe the joy that filled me and the inspiration from the amazing speakers.

I am so glad you had a wonderful time too and hope everyone can get to a convention like that one day. As usual, your own recovery is shining brightly and it's wonderful to have you here again.

Hugs
Old 09-02-2013, 05:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
TMZ

You are so lucky to have gone. I wish I could have afforded the trip. Maybe next time.

The main NA speaker is always my favorite. It shows all the hope that is out there. Proves it works when you work it.

Thanks for sharing some good news and hope.