Notices

Feeling terrible, fatigued, anxious, going insane.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling terrible, fatigued, anxious, going insane.

Just feeling so bad again today. I need and want a drink so badly. Been doin stuff all day to take my mind off it and nothing helps. I dunno how much longer I can stand it. Being sober sucks! It makes your mind race at a million miles an hour. I'm probally mentally ill and that why I reckon I drank in the first place to ease it. Its day 18 and dunno if im gonna make it to day 19 if im perfectly 100% honest!
Old 08-31-2013, 09:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Maybe ring up a sober friend and spend some time with them outside. Best to you....
Old 08-31-2013, 10:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Are you sure you want to go back to this ?
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-promised.html

I really don't think drinking is going to solve anything , just put you back down at the beginging on the game of snakes and ladders .. What more support can you get ?

Would urge surfing help ?
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html

I used to have a long shower , eat some chocolate chip ice cream and watch billy connolly and laurel and hardy on u-tube .

Bestwishes , m
Old 08-31-2013, 10:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Don't give up! Check in again soon.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sobriety is wonderful but it isn't the sole solution to all of life's problems. If you are having trouble with racing thoughts maybe you are ill and you need medical help. Seek help for yourself, drinking will only delay getting better.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RJY9 View Post
Just feeling so bad again today. I need and want a drink so badly. Been doin stuff all day to take my mind off it and nothing helps. I dunno how much longer I can stand it. Being sober sucks! It makes your mind race at a million miles an hour. I'm probally mentally ill and that why I reckon I drank in the first place to ease it. Its day 18 and dunno if im gonna make it to day 19 if im perfectly 100% honest!
You are still very early in sobriety...racing thoughts are very normal for us. I had them too to the point where I thought I was mentally ill (even checked myself into a psych ward at one point) No doctor thought I was mentally ill...at almost 16 months sober, my head has slowed down immensely...it was the alcohol and detox from alcohol causing it! I don't know how much you drank or for how long but drinking again will only aggravate the problem...however, if you see a doctor there might be some temporary med you could take that might take the edge off a little...better option than drinking again.

Good luck...hang in there!
Old 08-31-2013, 11:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Stay in there RJ, it is going to become better.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You're having a bad day. Remember you only have to deal with today. Sometimes we have really bad days. Sometimes everything goes wrong. Sometimes we're sick. Sometimes our minds race. Drinking may seem like a solution for today ... but what about tomorrow? ... and the day after that?

For quite a while after I stopped drinking I had thought patterns and moods that I didn't consider normal including having my mind race. It has gotten much better now that I've racked up some sober months. Give yourself some time. It will get better or at a minimum you'll be able to make a rational decision as to how to deal with it not one influenced by that AV.

I hope, I really hope, you get through today. It's important. Be strong.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

RJY - hang in there - I had a bad day around that time as well, it's SO good a feeling when you come out the other side
How are things now?
Old 08-31-2013, 11:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Stick with it friend.
What you are feeling hurts like hell but it will pass.
Sometimes it comes down to just gritting your teeth in the early days.
And it is a rough place to be, but you WILL dig deep and NEVER have to go through this again!
P.S. You are tougher than you feel right now.
Alcoholics are ill people they are not weak people.
G
Old 08-31-2013, 11:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Still Sober.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:53 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

An inspiration not just to me but your struggle, all of our growing pains, might just inspire another to choose life eh?
Well done.
G
Old 08-31-2013, 12:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

It's very normal to feel as you do.It will pass. You will get throughthis stage andfeel just that little bit stronger in your sobriety each time you do. Being sat night prob doesn't help. Get some good food, ice cream ,whatever you like to eat. Treat yourself. Watch a movie, play games do anything to take your mind off it.

You will be so damned proud of yourself and utterly relieved in the morning when you wake sober. No one every woke up glad they had got drunk the night before
Old 08-31-2013, 12:02 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
~sb

You're going to make it! Keep moving forward as you are worth it!!
Old 08-31-2013, 12:25 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hope i get to day 18 im on day 1 and think your wonderful
Old 08-31-2013, 12:45 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lommey View Post
Hope i get to day 18 im on day 1 and think your wonderful
Theres nothing wonderful about me mate. I'm all over the place. I hope you can hang in there mate as I aint gonna lie to you, its a hard slog but you gotta stay with the will power and just don't cave in. I couldn't think of anything nicer than a drink right now but it goes to show how much pain a human can take and our full potential is in there, you just gotta unlock it and that's what i'm doing right now. Riding the horrible storm with the HOPE and FAITH that it will all be over soon and life will return to being life again just like it was all those years ago when our brains and bodys weren't poisoned. If I believe I can do it, then YOU can believe you can do it to!

Theres 2 choices. You just do it. Or. You just don't do it. Its as simple as that. All the best you Lommey.
Old 08-31-2013, 12:48 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Kza

i have just been watching only fools and horses episodes to take my mind off things but its all beer, the nags head pub etc. now trying to find something on youtube that doesnt involve alcohol
Old 08-31-2013, 01:21 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Feeling terrible, fatigued, anxious, going insane too but not because I am urging for alcohol but because I am pissed off at my boyfriend
Old 08-31-2013, 01:36 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hope you're ok RJY-I used to just get an early nightwhen things got really bad. Maybe just try and sleep-you'll feel a whole lot better tomorrow
Old 08-31-2013, 01:39 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

RJY9, wow congrats. I'm on day one, again....