Notices

Stress factors

Old 08-29-2013, 03:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Stress factors

Hello all,

I have been sober for over a year now. i hit a normal bump at 8 months, and made it through with the help of my fathers visit. Now i am past a year and i have so much going on in my life. I just bought a home, my husband and i are splitting up. I am moving in two day to my new home. I feel like i have the world on my shoulders right now. New home new life, new everything. I love this man with all i have, he just refuses to work or put any effort into marriage. He has put me through so much and i just dont think i can risk staying anymore. I am confused a bit. Im happy, sad, mad, nervous all at the same time. seems like my whole world is crashing down on me, but yet at the same time so many doors are opening. I just fear i am so close to that stupid first drink, though i am highly aware of myself and very in tune with what goes on. Any advice on this is greatly appreciated.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry for your situation freespirit.
I think all that would be stressful and sad for anyone.

Do you have people to talk to?
Can you think of any healthy ways you might have used in the past to deal with stress?

D
Old 08-29-2013, 03:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm really sorry for your situation freespirit.
I think all that would be stressful and sad for anyone.

Do you have people to talk to?
Can you think of any healthy ways you might have used in the past to deal with stress?

D
Thank you
I have been drinking for so long, im 27 and i have drank on and off since i was 12 getting bad at 18. SO in all reality everything i am doing know is new. I am really like a baby learning how to walk, and so far over this year it has been good. I am stubborn in keeping my sobriety. I do have a few people to talk with its just i feel i need to be more involved with something like this. Pointers from others is what has helped me so much through all of this.
I do woodwork and read. Charity. Make up things to do just so i stay occupied when i need to be
Old 08-30-2013, 07:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Youre very brave and very strong. I admire you so much for what you have done and are doing. I think with talking to people and keeping yourself occupied and posting on this forum the. You will keep on the path you planned. Someday you will look back on your struggle and see how much better your life is. I wish you all the best in the world.