Notices

Mizzuno Here

Old 08-29-2013, 08:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Mizzuno Here

Greetings SR! Its been awhile. Im still sober and working on all those internal things that need addressing. I am grateful to have a place of like minded people achieving the same goal.
For all the newcomers, the struggle in the beginning is short lived. Self Sabotage is no way to live this gift of life. Remain positive and walk forward. Post on here for encouragement and support. We can do this!
I hope everyone has a great day.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey where have you been? I pulled back a little myself for a few days. You doing okay my friend?
Old 08-29-2013, 08:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nuudawn View Post
Hey where have you been? I pulled back a little myself for a few days. You doing okay my friend?
Yes Maam. I am doing just fine. Started up my running again, going to school, working and really just doing the next best positive thing. How are you doing Nuudawn?
Old 08-29-2013, 08:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I really look forward to both of your posts - thanks for returning Mizz.

How many days do you guys have? (If you are counting" )
Old 08-29-2013, 08:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lessgravity View Post
I really look forward to both of your posts - thanks for returning Mizz.

How many days do you guys have? (If you are counting" )
HI Lessgravity! Im coming up on the 6 month mark this time around. Im digging this for sure. How are you doing Less?
Old 08-29-2013, 08:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mizzuno View Post
Yes Maam. I am doing just fine. Started up my running again, going to school, working and really just doing the next best positive thing. How are you doing Nuudawn?
Brilliant. Had a shaky week last one (all the while thinking "where the phuck is Mizz??....jokes : ). Just some growing pains I think. I'm coming up on 3 months..my first season of sobriety is drawing to a close. And I'm really looking forward to Season 2.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nuudawn View Post
Brilliant. Had a shaky week last one (all the while thinking "where the phuck is Mizz??....jokes : ). Just some growing pains I think. I'm coming up on 3 months..my first season of sobriety is drawing to a close. And I'm really looking forward to Season 2.
Yes, those moments come when it all seems a bit much. The growing pains are very hard Nuudawn. I think I was in a deep, crazy, emotional whirlwind of growing pains for a good 5 months. It was quite the experience. I am sorry that you had a rough time last week, but last week has come and gone. I think you are feeling better? Season 2 will be smoother for you!!
Good to talk with you Nuu!
Old 08-29-2013, 08:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

HI Lessgravity! Im coming up on the 6 month mark this time around. Im digging this for sure. How are you doing Less?
I'm on day 18 today. In many ways I feel like a corner has been turned. Not that I think, for a second, that the beast is done with me. He's just a bit quieter or maybe I'm a bit stronger, this time around.

Congrats on your time. Amazing.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Glad you are doing well Mizz. Congratulations on six months!!
Old 08-29-2013, 09:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lessgravity View Post
I'm on day 18 today. In many ways I feel like a corner has been turned. Not that I think, for a second, that the beast is done with me. He's just a bit quieter or maybe I'm a bit stronger, this time around.

Congrats on your time. Amazing.
Less. I do believe that we have those moments when there is a different realization as to what we should be doing with ourselves. I am learning that my Alcoholism is one of the greatest teachers in my life. The one thing that I feared the most came to fruition, only to catapult my life into a direction of doing what I always knew I was capable of. I started to reach beyond the desperation and beyond the pain, and realize that I am my worst enemy. It takes courage to walk this road. Being Courageous is brave. Turn a new leaf over.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

thank you for the encouragement in your post and victories!
Old 08-29-2013, 10:04 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Less. I do believe that we have those moments when there is a different realization as to what we should be doing with ourselves. I am learning that my Alcoholism is one of the greatest teachers in my life. The one thing that I feared the most came to fruition, only to catapult my life into a direction of doing what I always knew I was capable of. I started to reach beyond the desperation and beyond the pain, and realize that I am my worst enemy. It takes courage to walk this road. Being Courageous is brave. Turn a new leaf over.
I think you are directly on point and this type of thinking speaks very deeply to me.

One line I say to myself these days is

- the obstacle is the path -

I love it. Gets me through.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:45 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Nice way to walk the walk Mizz

Bestwishes, m
Old 08-29-2013, 03:01 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you Miz

D
Old 08-29-2013, 03:12 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Mizz -

Good to see you post. Even better to hear that things are moving nicely for you.

Old 08-29-2013, 04:42 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi Mizzuno, So glad to hear you're back and that you are doing well! You were one of the first SR family members to reach out to me during my darkest of dark days. Thank you so much for that! Things are progressing in my life, ups and downs, backwards and forwards, happy and sad. I quickly learned that recovery doesn't happen overnight, but does take time, that's where one day at a time comes into play. Sometimes one minute at a time. I am looking forward to your most honest postings! Hugs to you! TF