Notices

Cant hanmer this enough!!!!

Old 08-29-2013, 03:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cant hanmer this enough!!!!

It's HIGHLY DANGEROUS to quit drinking without medical advice! Please admin make a sticky on this - I've read so many people saying their just gonna quit - which is great but it's just not generally safe. It can be life or death for some.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

9 out of 10 people will probably be ok but it's that chance of being the one that's not ok!
Old 08-29-2013, 03:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You are so right. Anyone needs reminding about what we are dealing with here search 'rain in my heart' utube. This is a life threatening condition of mind and body and WE need help from any quarter that we can get it.

My best thinking always got me drunk....
Old 08-29-2013, 04:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's actually part of our medical rule

10. Medical Advice: No Posts giving medical advice, medication advice, or psychiatric advice. Do not use the forum to give or ask for professional medical or psychiatric advice. If you are a medical professional, please remember the forums and chat are for peer support only and not to be used for distributing professional medical advice and/or using the forum to represent your professional services. Medical and Psychiatric advice includes giving a diagnosis, treatment plan, medication advice and dosage suggestions, over the counter and natural home remedies that should be approved by medical professionals. Detox can be dangerous and life threatening at times. Please consult with your physician.
Not many people read our rules tho, or our sticky posts

A lot of us here who have been through bad detoxes (including me) make it a point to stress how dangerous it can be - I think that's probably more effective in this case than a sticky post
Old 08-29-2013, 04:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Yep, that be a fine example of 'best thinking' right there. Tell your doctor or a doctor how much you drink and that you are going to quit. This act will help in many ways. Quitting drinking is a big deal and deserves to be treated as such.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Lol sorry I hadn't noticed this either... I just hate the thought of someone trying to help themselves unaware of the potential dangers. My bad.