Notices

3rd Day

Old 08-28-2013, 11:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3rd Day

3rd Day sober...took 250mg Antebuse yesterday. 2AM, can't sleep and irritable. I have quit before but it seems this time is much more difficult. Been drinking about 3-4L of Vodka per week for past 9 months (last time I quit for 30 days in Oct '12). I don't remember stopping being this difficult - sweating but drinking tons of water.

Any thoughts on when this will pass? Is day 4 better?

I am amazed at how much power alcohol and drugs have on my psychy. I was trying to rationalize just one drink today at about 3PM bc it was nice out knowing I would be sick due to the meds I am on.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Jdooner

for me it got harder everytime I quit - I know now not only is alcoholism progressive, but we have the kindling effect too...

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...lly-again.html

'getting better' varies for each of us I think...sometimes I was ok by day 4 and sometimes not - have you seen a Dr at all?

D
Old 08-28-2013, 11:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

HAve not seen a Dr may see my PCP that presrcibed the Antebuse for me tomorrow. My thought process was if I did not get the DTs last October and was able to quit without too much of a problem then this time should not be as bad. I think I was wrong.

In the past 9 months I have been drinking more and using blow a bit more too, so that might be compounding the effects.

I was sort of telling myself I am not an alcoholic but just an abuser of alcohol but I am starting to think my body may be dependent on the alcohol given the withdrawl I am experiencing now.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Yeah, sounds like it'd be a good idea to see your PCP. Like Dee says, it gets harder to quit alcohol each time. It's explained in the thread he linked to. At least you know you never have to get clean and sober again.