Notices

Good Morning SR

Old 08-28-2013, 05:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Good Morning SR

Just wanted to offer a shout out to the SR group. Day 3 and I feel much better than I did yesterday. My body is recovering from the poisonous bender from the weekend past. I enjoyed cleaning up some remnants of the bender last night. Getting house back in home order then relaxing and reading some of a book a buddy and I are reading. We meet once a week for prayer and discussion. He has no idea about my current struggle w/ alcohol. Part of me thinks I should confess it to him, there is freedom that comes with that, the other side is that we work together and if I'm merely having a bad day, I don't want him thinking I'm off the wagon again. Maybe that's just my alcoholism trying to build in a safety net to fall. At any rate, I feel much better today, mind is coming out of the fog. Striving for another day of sobriety. I seem to do well for a couple weeks or a month. I feel like I need to be determined that this last embarrassment and shameful weekend was my last. I do appreciate all the support available here. You ROCK SR!!! I wonder if there exist a faith based thing like SR?
Old 08-28-2013, 05:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Morning Ge7ea. Glad to see you optimistic & felling better. It's so great when we can put all that misery behind us - and you never have to go back there again.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
quat

way to go on day 3!
If you go to the main page of this site and scroll down there is a Christians in Recovery forum
wish you well
Old 08-28-2013, 06:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So true, to never have to go back there. It's not a happy place, really. I'm not sure what the appeal is to it. Why I can sit here on the end of a work week and ponder going to the store and getting some misery in a bottle. Thanks for the encouraging words Hevyn.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sounds like your turning the corner onto a new path.
After your body starts getting well again,it's just a lot of mind games after that.
If you have resolve and faith,you'll be able to ignore the AV and continue on the path of sobriety.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you Bob, I have to DECIDE that will be my choice. I feel like there is A LOT at stake. My relationship is definitely on the rocks and I am not saying that as to make it a prime motivator, but it does serve as evidence of many failed attempts and that's not acceptable for ANYONE. Definitely not the way I want to live my life. My brother gave me some good advice yesterday. Straighten up and act right!!! Everyday is a new day to be clean and that feels better than the other.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You're doing brilliantly - keep it up
Old 08-28-2013, 07:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you ZoeM!!!!!!!!!!