Notices

Struggling with depression

Old 08-27-2013, 08:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Struggling with depression

I've really been struggling the past few weeks with my depression. I'm on an anti- depressant but it seems to have stopped working. I know I need to go back to my doctor.

I was really irritable today at work. My daughter asked me for a favor and I didn't do it and I didn't answer the phone when my son called. That is not like me. I don't like me today. I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself too. Ugh.

The good news is that today is almost over and hopefully tomorrow will be better.

I know all who suffer from depression know what I'm talking about.

I do have so much to be grateful for. I try not to lose sight of that.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I too suffer from clinical depression and am on 3 different antidepressants. I know exactly where you are coming from. When I get like that I try to journal it. Most if the time it was when I didn't get my way and I was pouting about it. Just rest assured that this shall soon pass. If you're still struggling it might be in your best interest to make an appointment to review your meds. Without them I would be a goner. Best wishes
Old 08-27-2013, 08:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm on your boat.

Sally, I just told my kids this weekend when they asked how things were going with the non drinking and I told ok except for the depression. Maybe I was depressed when I drank but you would think being sober you wouldn't be. I have a lot to be grateful for so I guess I need to resolve the problem. I am wondering if it is diet related with my carb addiction.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I've had depression since long before I started drinking. I drank to medicate it and make it go away, but it just came back ten fold after I sobered up.

If your anti D has stopped working, maybe see your doctor and try another one.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

There's nothing worse than that rain cloud of doom hanging over you and you don't even know why it's there. If you can muster up the energy or a single ounce of G.A.F then try doing something you usually enjoy.

For me it's putting my music on and cleaning - I don't like cleaning but I like the focus and the music and the thinking time. Everyone has different things to help them cope that's just one of mine.

I'd suggest like the other guys said if your medication isn't helping then make an appointment. Depressions crap and physically and mentally we have to force and fight with ourselves for the good of ourselves