Notices

My day

Old 08-27-2013, 03:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My day

I had all kinds of ammo today. First thing I did not sleep well. Then still feeling a bit like I'm detoxing I rolled out to work. Thought as I left better use the bathroom. Set keys down on a chair rolled right back out the door. Checking all windows and doors....locked. So to the garage I went to get a ladder to see if my kitchen window was unlocked b/c I couldn't reach it. Then into the window my 200 lb self went. Over the sink and back off to work after putting ladder back. Made it through work. Got eye drops at lunch time. Feel like I'm getting consumed with poison ivy from a job I did this weekend past. Set a fence post after I got home. While opening the concrete mix it flung right in my eye. Made two stops at the quickly mart. And passed one frequented liquor store. All to be sitting here showered just rambling and praising The Lord for my successful day. I can do this!
Old 08-27-2013, 05:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ge7ea View Post
Made two stops at the quickly mart. And passed one frequented liquor store. All to be sitting here showered just rambling and praising The Lord for my successful day. I can do this!
Yes!
Old 08-27-2013, 05:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Life can throw some real doozies at us. You got through it though. The strength is in you!
Old 08-27-2013, 05:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sounds like a great day lol great in the fact u got through it sober - and im sure it wasnt easy - well done for passing on the alcohol shop - it wouldnt have helped anyway. im not really religious but theres that saying that god never gives us more than we can handle good for you passing the temptation
Old 08-27-2013, 05:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the encouragement. It means a lot to have people that understand the struggles we can face. Not that life isn't complicated enough, we take on more. Pondering...
Old 08-27-2013, 07:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great post. We are always tougher than we actually think we are.