Notices

I'm new-ish

Old 08-27-2013, 12:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm new-ish

Hi there - I used to be known as Humblestudent. I achieved 4 months of sobriety in early 2010. Then came back for a short while in 2011. Somewhere in there I changed emails, and thought it just easier to start with a new name.

I am in that weird limbo of wanting to quit/needing to quit and yet miraculously just not totally quitting yet. So I am reading here. Lurking mostly, and trying to absorb what I know to be true.

I'm a 'weekend warrior,' so not drinking during the week is no problem for me. But, wow, those weekends...
Old 08-27-2013, 12:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hello SillyString ,

Nice to have you along ,

Bestwishes, m
Old 08-27-2013, 12:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome back SillyString,

I can so relate to being able to abstain from drinking on the weekdays, but not on the weekends. I was a weekend warrior and for 8 years. I found SR late in July and finally decided that I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. I have had 3 sober weekends with the help of SR and I can't tell you how amazing I feel on Monday mornings. I used to dread going to work every Monday due to my weekend binders. I now enjoy my Monday's and weekends. If I can do it, so can you.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks so much, Mecanix and Serenity. What surprised me about sobriety the first time around was that I thought how I felt by Friday (energetic, not sick, no anxiety) was the best I could feel...until I stopped drinking on weekends. I continued to feel better and better, and was quite amazed.

Good job, also, Serenity on 3 weekends. I used to count my sober time in weekends, not days too!
Old 08-27-2013, 01:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Welcome!
Old 08-27-2013, 01:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I agree Serenity. I feel so much better on Monday mornings now and enjoy my weekends so much more without booze being a part of them
Old 08-27-2013, 02:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome back SillyString

There is something weird that keeps us in limbo land when we know fine well we would be better off sober. I found I had to really force myself to quit drinking and just keep trying to make it stick and make improvements in my life. I read somewhere that sobriety is something you have to have in order to want it, that made a lot of sense to me. I appreciate my sobriety so much more the longer I stick at it x
Old 08-27-2013, 02:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I remember you Humble. I'm glad you came back to talk about your feelings.