Bad day today

Old 08-27-2013, 12:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bad day today

One month since I broke up with my xabf and its been hell. Today is a bad one! Called out sick and just been laying in bed with my obsessive thinking of why did this happen to me?? Ugh...
Old 08-27-2013, 03:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry you are having a bad day. Enjoy your sick day! Is there anything you can do to keep yourself occupied? Call a friend? Suck into a tv series? Cook yourself a great meal? Anything to get your mind off things. IT WILL GET BETTER! (((Hugs)))
Old 08-27-2013, 04:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

jacrazz, try not to dispair. Undoubtedly, you are grieving--which is normal and to be expected. Actually grieving the loss is the beginning stage of healing. It will gradually get better. Try to stay busy and be as structured as you can--this helps a lot. Talking to those who can truly understand (not everyone does) is also very helpful.

Post as often as you need to--and to just ventilate if you need to.

dandylion
Old 09-25-2013, 06:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you all! another month into my greiving and I still get sad...his birthday is coming up and I want to call, then I don't want to call....make it stop! At this point I'm just furious at him for not getting his life together.....like I should worry about HIS life!!!
Old 09-25-2013, 07:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry you are having a hard time. We've all had these sad days- I hope you feel better soon! Maybe try a hot cup of tea and some comfy clothes? As many comforting things as possible might help.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm at 3+ months. It DOES get better, keep working on yourself and when you feel sad, feel the sadness, just don't contact him no matter what.

Hope you can take a nice bath or do something nice for yourself. All the best.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Keep your chin up! Read some positive books or watch some comedies. Remember this life is about you and your happiness! Get out and go for a walk! Feel the sunshine on your face. Call an old friend to chat. Try as many things as you can to keep your mind off your A. When my mind creeps towards my AH (I left him one month ago), I tell myself "Don't let him take up space in your head!" over and over and over until the thoughts are gone.