Notices

Still Struggling

Old 08-27-2013, 06:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still Struggling

Today is day two and I am still feeling the effects of the weekend. My eyes are still red, complexion still red, still feel like doo doo. I know it will get better and I will feel a lot better hopefully tomorrow.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there, it really does get better and very soon Are you drinking loads of water to re-hydrate?
Old 08-27-2013, 06:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Not so much today, I did yesterday. ........Going to get water
Old 08-27-2013, 06:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yeah, keep up the water intake. I couldn't eat at that point, so would boil water and add sugar (sounds disgusting I know, but it's actually not that bad)
I also stayed on the couch all day and surfed the net - found this place, so was all good
Old 08-27-2013, 06:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

it's what I do or don't do today (that simple)

Originally Posted by Ge7ea View Post

I know it will get better and I will feel a lot better hopefully tomorrow.
each day there is usually some improvement

if

we don't drink

I hope that you will keep doing what you need to be doing

it's what I do or don't do today (that simple)

Mountainman
Old 08-27-2013, 06:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Not sure if any of you saw my other post concerning my gf's mom smelling alcohol on me, but I was sure that she would just be completely tore up. Much to my surprise she just came up and gave me a hug and asked me if I was ok. Thank God for sweet people. Thanks for the H2O advice ZoeM
Old 08-27-2013, 06:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Aww I'm really pleased about your gf's mom - that's brilliant
No worries re: the H2O
Old 08-27-2013, 07:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ge7ea View Post
Today is day two and I am still feeling the effects of the weekend. My eyes are still red, complexion still red, still feel like doo doo. I know it will get better and I will feel a lot better hopefully tomorrow.
You might wonder when clearheaded what should I expect? This drink is not considered a health food even in our wildest lying to ourselves. Do the results ever change to the positive? When was the last time we woke in the AM after a twister and felt happy, joyous and free? It’s there if we don’t pick up the first drink after BSing ourselves it’ll be better this time. Good lock.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

IOAA You're speaking the truth!!! That little voice telling me that it'll be different this go around, you won't feel like dog doo, just lies and lies. One must wonder why go back and partake in something that inevitably makes you feel horrible, destroys relationships, makes you feel horrible, and destroys relationships. Difficult to make sense out it, but that's exactly what I've invited it into my life to do. NO more........
Old 08-27-2013, 07:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Alcoholism is a great forgetterer ... I for one feel better after a week, then a few weeks later go and do it again ... Insanity
Old 08-27-2013, 07:48 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

First, congrats on day 2 of your "new" journey. I'm on day 2 myself but feeling great honestly, yesterday was horrible with no energy, feeling hydrated and only ate one meal fot the day. But remember, we went back to alcohol because we got something from it, it helps us deal with the pain in our lives or forget the pain in our lives. In addition, alot of us get pleasure from it whether good or bad. Keep the water on deck and stay connected here to continue your new journey. See you on day 3.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:58 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

That's saying a lot Adante and BLKD. Very true, i had a month under my belt, then fell, then 2 weeks, then fell. What's the since in that? Roller coaster has got to stop. I made the decision to tell my Mom about my struggle this morning. She lives about 500 miles away. It was humbling for sure, but I really want to change and that is what I have to stay focused on. This site has been very beneficial thus far. I know I'm not alone in this battle. Which I accept it is a day to day battle at this point. Maybe not in the future, but I'll never know unless I make it there one day at a time.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:04 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I've been on that roller coaster myself, I call it a vicious cycle because I don't drink during the week but when hanging with some associates on some weekends i binge drink and feel guilty and ashamed the Monday afterwards and now my fitness health is beginning to be affected. If I don't get off the cycle it will begin to be more detrimental to my health, relationship and journey that God has for me on this sphere. So its time to let this go for good.....Stay connected here and let the stories, comments and the like-minded people help you through the rough first couple of weeks.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:07 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Will do, you do the same. I'll begin to lift this site and the participants up as well as stay connected.