Notices

No Where to Turn..

Old 08-25-2013, 08:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

No Where to Turn..

Hi I am currently trying to come to terms with the fact that my husband, of only 3 months, is an alcoholic. I always knew he had been a heavy drinker, but 3 dates into out relationship, he became critically ill, so had not had a drink for 16 months. Following a life saving procedure in Feb, he started having the odd drink, but nothing that caused me concern...6 months on & he's constantly drunk for weeks at a time, drinking all day & all night, empty bottles hidden. I am at a complete loss, it's a side of him I never knew existed! He's not violent but he is verbally threatening, nasty, angry, argumentative. He won't even consider counselling, says he'll deal with "things" his way...& I have no concept of what goes on in his head. I've pleaded, begged...I can't reach him...
Old 08-25-2013, 08:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Losingyou, You've made a great decision to come here

There's a forum that has many people who are in the same position that you are and will be extremely helpful:

Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

It's the friends and family forum. You can also find it by scrolling down on the main page. We're all here for you!
Old 08-25-2013, 08:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your situation.

AlAnon could be a good support for you.