Notices

My Day 1 again!

Old 08-25-2013, 01:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Day 1 again!

Hi Guys!

Hope you are all ok?

Well it's my day 1 again after 5 days sober and having 1 lager last night (stupid)! Feel ok at moment. Also might go to an AA mtg this week as my friend has quit as well and she has been attending mtgs over last 2 weeks.

Jackie xx
Old 08-25-2013, 02:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi sweetie

Question-

Exactly what is it that you're wanting to accomplish?
Old 08-25-2013, 02:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hi Jackie ,
Sad that you crashed your sober bike , but i'm glad you've got straight back on

Hopefully you can aviod the situation next time ?

Keep on practacing sobriety, these days i hardly ever even wobble on my sober bike

*ring ring*

m
Old 08-25-2013, 03:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Guys

Thanks for your replies and support. Yep fell off it last night but straight back on!

I am taking it one day at a time, not gonna drink today!

My AV comes in when I am in social situations. I never drank through feeling socially inadequate or not accepted, I drank cause I enjoyed the feeling and I guess the addiction just grabbed me, same with Cigs I suppose. I know which friends are the alcoholics themselves and this was apparent last night.

For example I finished work yesterday (I teach golf) and went to a fund raiser at my local pub, had my slip up and was sat with my friend who is currently 14 days sober. It was strange, we were talking about AA and sharing horrible events of our past drinking and then we noticed people did not sit with us as normal, these are the so called friends that also have acute drinking probs but never seem to face up to them.

I have told my friend about this wonderful site so hope she joins today.

Luv & hugs
Jackie x
Old 08-25-2013, 03:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I avoided pubs for at least the first six months of sobriety . If i go to them now it is with a reason for being there , a leaving do , a birthday , something like that ..

I must admit i don't really enjoy being in them much these days ..

bestwishes, m
Old 08-25-2013, 05:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JAC13 View Post
Hi Guys!

Well it's my day 1 again after 5 days sober and having 1 lager last night (stupid)! Feel ok at moment. Also might go to an AA mtg this week as my friend has quit as well and she has been attending mtgs over last 2 weeks.

Jackie xx
Hi Jackie. Good for you in thinking about going to A meeting. We all have a first time for everything. In my experience the first thing I needed to do to stay sober is to be honest with myself then getting sober was easier. I was probably lower down the elevator when I wanted off the insanity express of destroying my mind and body with the pain I was going through. I was motivated to totally stop one day at a time. Good luck.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JAC13 View Post
I finished work yesterday (I teach golf) and went to a fund raiser at my local pub

Friend-

"Pubs" are like kryptonite.

Unless I was absolutely required to be there, meaning someone was paying me money, I would avoid them like the plague. Remember denial leads to discipline. Realize this, and you will find strength.

Good luck and God Bless
Old 08-25-2013, 07:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Originally Posted by Amajorityofone View Post
"Pubs" are like kryptonite.
Indeed, missed my sister in laws birthday party in very early sobriety because it was held at my favorite haunt when I used to drink. When I stated why I caught flack because there were many people who were there that weren't drinking. "Many people" aren't me.

If you go to a place where the point of that establishment is to drink you're asking for trouble. Sobriety becomes an afterthought instead of a focus. Sometimes I think going is also an excuse.

JAC13, you really need to ponder how important sobriety is to you and do whatever you need to do to protect it.

That had to be tough for your friend too who has 14 days under her belt.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LadyBlue0527 View Post
Indeed, missed my sister in laws birthday party in very early sobriety because it was held at my favorite haunt when I used to drink. When I stated why I caught flack because there were many people who were there that weren't drinking. "Many people" aren't me.
Amen!

I blew off several parties and get togethers during my early days. I simply wasn't strong enough to deal with that type of environment. Guess what? now those people are gone, too. Looking back, it was an easy decision to make because I was serious about my sobriety.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:28 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

I skipped a wedding yesterday - for a good friend. My major reason was my sobriety. Couldn't risk it.
Don't go to pubs if you don't feel strong enough to abstain.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:03 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

As long as you are getting right back on the wagon - good for you. After my latest fall I decided to try not to beat myself up. Just get back on and keep on keeping on!!!
Old 08-25-2013, 09:09 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Guys!

Thanks for your feedback

I have also got this one today, that's all I know.

Just finished another fundraising event, money raised for kids cancer.

I suffer from PTSD as I was involved in the Asian tsunami on the Boxing Day. I have had counselling etc and all I know is exposure to events helps me with anxiety.

I arrange and attend events to raise money for different things. I have faced in devil in a different form ( as well as the booze) I just have to try my best with the tools I have.

Luv & hugs
Jackie xx
Old 08-26-2013, 01:52 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Guys!

Hope you are all ok?

Just finished another Day 2, feeling ok. Been fishing so caught the sun which makes a change in England!

Luv & hugs

Jackie xx