Notices

Just cannot sleep!

Old 08-24-2013, 09:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just cannot sleep!

I keep waking up half way through random conversations but convinced that their real till my brain wakes up lol
Old 08-24-2013, 09:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you get some real sleep soon

D
Old 08-24-2013, 09:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am in the beginning of sobriety and the brain is working in high gear, I do hope that will get better.

Until then I do not think there is much to do, other than not take it to seriously.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Problems sleeping here too on day 7. Back in June I got up to 44 days and at about day 25 I was sleeping without waking up. I'm sleeping maybe four or five hours, but I am up late now after walking. I hope you can relax and get some relaxing sleep.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hang in there, I do recall in the early days yes, I would wake mid dream or startle easily, or be confused as to whether I'd actually full fallen asleep....if that makes sense?

Now day 31, I was ok the last few weeks, then had some really distressing dreams the last 48 hours. Then today I felt great. Brain is mending I guess....and sometimes it will misfire...hang in there mate.

Try and get what sleep you can, when you can. I've heard when you are sleeping, it's when the body can properly mend itself. And your body is trying to adjust to sleeping without being shut down by alcohol too, so lots going on.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Sleep will come with more sober time. It took me a while til I was sleeping well but eventually it did come. Give yourself time.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

My insomnia is terrible even when i'm sober. Have you talked to your doctor about possibly getting a short term, non-hallucenigetic sleep aid? A couple of my meds make me sleepy so i take them at night and have some success. Then there are nights like tonight when i find myself making coleslaw and quinoa salad at 3 AM. :/
Old 08-25-2013, 03:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I also find now that I like to get myself ready for sleep. I turn the tv off, read quietly, and generally cozy up after a shower and spend an hour getting ready to sleep.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

13 - have you tried leaving a radio on low? I can't sleep if it's too quiet as all the rubbish I used to drink to forget, pops in. The radio takes that away especially if it's a 'chat' station rather than music one
Old 08-25-2013, 09:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks Zoe - I think all the coffee and chocolate cravings can't be helping me either. I'm up at half 5 again grr lol feel ok though considering. Hope your doing ok
Old 08-25-2013, 09:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Croissant View Post
Hang in there, I do recall in the early days yes, I would wake mid dream or startle easily, or be confused as to whether I'd actually full fallen asleep....if that makes sense?

Now day 31, I was ok the last few weeks, then had some really distressing dreams the last 48 hours. Then today I felt great. Brain is mending I guess....and sometimes it will misfire...hang in there mate.

Try and get what sleep you can, when you can. I've heard when you are sleeping, it's when the body can properly mend itself. And your body is trying to adjust to sleeping without being shut down by alcohol too, so lots going on.
I'm totally like that too - like hmm was I even sleeping there lol
Old 08-25-2013, 09:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi 13 I'm fine thanks for asking - I've been up since 4.30 myself - forgot to close bedroom window and that lovely bank holiday rain was LOUD lol (at least it shut the birds up though, they're away sulking somewhere)
I actually like this time of the day when it's all quiet - always been a bit of a nightowl, but usually the other end of the night x
Old 08-25-2013, 10:03 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm enjoying the peace too Zoe - nice cup of coffee and a wee catch up on here. I think it does us all the world of good to just be still. I dunno about you but it's hard to relax once the day gets going because there's always lots to be done.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:04 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

And ps.... If its not birds round here it's workmen digging up the roads lol hand me a gun purrrrrleeeeeeease lol
Old 08-25-2013, 10:18 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Just thought - have you tried Kalms?
Old 08-25-2013, 10:31 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ZoeM View Post
Just thought - have you tried Kalms?
Not yet Zoe - I will speak to my gp again - I'm sure she will be reluctant to give me anything else now - feel so stupid that after all my positive self talk I allow one persons cruel ness bring me down! Time to grow me some elephant skin lol

Anyways Zoe - I'm going to pretend to sleep again now (haha other words I'm gonna lie in bed cursing the world upside Down)

Hope you lot all have a lovely sober day. Feel all the feelings.