Notices

just saying hi!

Old 08-24-2013, 06:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

just saying hi!

Hi everyone! I just wanted to say hello. My recovery js going well. I lost a job last week (i was terrible about getting to work on time and they are really strict on that). The good news is that i'm now freed up to work at my other job. The pay is less but it's about a million times more rewarding. I'm riding my bike like crazy since my car still needs to be repaired. I rode to work this morning (a couple of miles). This afternoon i rode to a grocery store 3 miles or so away and now i'm riding to another grocery store a mile or so away.

Tomorrow i have my homegroup's AA picnic. I'll be bringing a couple of sides (coleslaw and quinoa salad). I'm kinda exhausted and i'll be honest, i'm kinda writing this so i have an excuse to delay my ride a little.

My recovery work is going okay. I read here a bit and post occasionally and that helps. My problem is that i'm avoiding my 4th step a bit. I feel like i'm afraid that i won't do it right or something. I dunno. I'm really delaying it and i know i shouldn't be. I'll do some more reading and really give it an honest try again.

Anyways, i hope everyone is well this weekend. I know weekends are rough for many of us but it is possible to stay sober and be happy. Perhaps part of my delaying my 4th Step is that i'm pretty content right now but i know i need to do this. I want to keep progressing, not just rest on my laurels like i've got this sobriety thing down, you know? Why settle for something less when i can have so much more? I think that's an important part of recovery. To keep pushing yourself instead of settling for just half of the solution. Recovery is active. I need to keep moving forward instead of spinning my wheels.

Keep moving forward, friends. If you're moving forward instead of standing still, it's a lot harder to drift backwards.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great post, great spirit, great advice. You really are keeping things in the right perspective! Enjoy that picnic, I suspect you're having the same weather we are and you can't beat it!
Old 08-24-2013, 06:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for the positive energy. I walked like crazy today on day 7 and I feel my body is bouncing back little by little. Great post.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

DG - good to see you!! I have to admit, I live in the "land of grits" (GA) and can't stand them. My mom's family is up in MN, MI and WI, and I think you and I need to trade places!

Love, hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-24-2013, 07:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

haha, Impurrfect! you know, i'm not sure i'd want to leave the Midwest and Milwaukee in particular. sure, the winters are a bit harsh but i sure don't miss those terribly hot Southern summers!

i still love my girts. i had some yesterday with a little butter and salt. soooo delicious!
Old 08-25-2013, 01:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi DG

If you feel like you don't do your 4th right you can always just do it again right? x
Old 08-25-2013, 01:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Haha...true, true. I know many of my !! Sisters and aunts have worked their fourth step many times over. Guess i just gotta do my best this time and keep adding next time.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I think procrastination is something most of us alcoholics suffer from Grits .

For me it's a passive way of not dealing with the fear of change .

Embrasing change has helped me .

I hope you get on with working those steps soon , m