Notices

So yall helped me with ma plan...

Old 08-24-2013, 04:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

So yall helped me with ma plan...

TY I nearly went cold turkey tonight and cuda died before doc monday. So instead going from 3/4 litre a night I did 1/2 a bottle last night, felt overwhelmingly bored when it was done, cooked up a storm in the kitchen and drank a pint of milk and listened to deep hypnosis sleep music to fall to sleep. RESULT. Tonight, I've just had a 1/4 bottle and feel really awake and bored and weird... but gona eat something nice now and settle down to some more mediation music... work tommorro! I know I'll feel better even going to work with a tiny hangover than the hangover I've felt the past two years. Tommoro I thought I'd just do one nice bottle of wine... low in percentage but makes up for it in taste. Then see what the wise old doctorooo says.... Hope to be reporting my day one soon!

On another postive note, I'm day 5 into no contact with ex abusive partner. I've got myself into 20 mins of exercise a day and being do all kinds of nice things. Like having hair, nails done, spray tan etc.... lots of reading and I feel life really is taking a turn which if u read my first ever post, I thought I couldn't find anything to make a change! So just ty all and Ill keep u posted and sorry for novel lol.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Missus, great job on your plan. Keep going. Well done.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad you made it through the night.
Make mine milk too!
Could never adequately control my drinking either.

Keep up the exercise and being kind to yourself (and others)

You seem to be getting on track....any other plans?
Old 08-24-2013, 04:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Originally Posted by Murchovski View Post
Glad you made it through the night.
Make mine milk too!
Could never adequately control my drinking either.

Keep up the exercise and being kind to yourself (and others)

You seem to be getting on track....any other plans?
Ty Milk rocks! It's ma fave rehydration drink although I will cut down when I'm off the booze completely.

I just want for now to be completely sober, exercising nearly every day, eating well and taking care of myself. I came to this site, cos I was really on my last legs and need something tangible to help turn me around. What I've learnt is, it's ME who needs to turn ME around! So I've been digging deep and I think I've finally found the answers I was seeking. Don't want to jinx myself, but I think this is the start of something beautiful! Happy to be here and talking to ppl like yourself and others x
Old 08-24-2013, 04:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Glad you feel positive. Best of luck with everything.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Cool

Originally Posted by JackDsMissus View Post
Ty Milk rocks! It's ma fave rehydration drink although I will cut down when I'm off the booze completely.

I just want for now to be completely sober, exercising nearly every day, eating well and taking care of myself. I came to this site, cos I was really on my last legs and need something tangible to help turn me around. What I've learnt is, it's ME who needs to turn ME around! So I've been digging deep and I think I've finally found the answers I was seeking. Don't want to jinx myself, but I think this is the start of something beautiful! Happy to be here and talking to ppl like yourself and others x
I like icy milk with honey, also iced coffee with ice cream and cream, yum!
Work out at the gym, weights and cardio, so I can allow for a few treats.

All good wishes with your plan...........
Old 08-24-2013, 05:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
instant

Welcome. I never had any luck with tapering or drug substitution. Giving up was hard for me, I tried and failed so many times. It is possible however- good luck with the Docoroo
Old 08-24-2013, 05:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I came to this site, cos I was really on my last legs and need something tangible to help turn me around. What I've learnt is, it's ME who needs to turn ME around! So I've been digging deep
Yes, that's it. It's ultimately up to each of us to find a way to recover that works and it's our responsibility to do the work. It sounds like you have a good plan.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Awesome post! Seconding what Anna said.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:51 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Thanks guys! I had the most incredible day at work with virtually no hangover although, it was harder waking up than usual? I guess that's because I am usually terribly dehydrated. I drank more milk last night than alcohol! For what I hope to be my last night of weaning, I got 4 cans of premixed Jack Dee. Thought I might as well make it my fave drink of all time, though those things probably won't even touch me. Then my bedtime meditation again! And, docoroos tommorrow... I'm hoping that he'll say I can abstain completely immediately since I've done a little cut down, really want to get this sober party started!
Old 08-25-2013, 11:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I had the same kind of "weird" feelings you did when I was tapering. Only when you are completely abstinent will these weird feelings go away..and even then, it might take some time. BTW, I tapered 4 days before I completely quit and I tapered down to exactly one drink.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:42 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

So 4 cans of premixed JD been consumed... tasted like soda... felt like forcing cans of soda down ma next in a desperate hope for some high that never came. Oh well, anti climax but I guess this is part of the taper. Going now to make some tasty food, drink some milk and despite feeling wide awake and slightly crazed... Listen to some sleep hypnosis and wake to see the doc tommorro...

As happy as I am in my weaning progress... I am not enjoying the anti climax factor at all. I guess this is being sober. Nothing outside of maself to stimulate me. i'm expected to do it for myself. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the clarity in the morning but my nights right now suck big balls Is this what I'm to expect from here on in. Boring lonely nights? If I knew I would sleep early, I wouldn't mind but one of the prime reasons I drink is to sleep. I don't want meds. I just want to be a goddamn normal person Anyway, I guess the withdrawal angries are setting in. I'll just do my best to overcome them in the hope that things will get better. SIGH.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:46 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Normal people get bored sometimes and lonely, too. Just be patient with yourself and you will feel better and you'll begin to find your way. When you are sober, you will have lots of activities to choose from to fill your evenings, and you might find that you are more comfortable with yourself.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:58 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

So 4 cans of premixed JD been consumed...

I guess this is being sober.
You just slammed four cans of hard alcohol. I wish you luck and I know you're thinking this is the right thing, but slamming down gobs of milk and Jack Daniel's doesn't sound like the best way to quit. And it's not a method I recommend, nor have I seen a good success rate.

You should try AA, pronto. Or consult a doctor about your problem, pronto. It would be beneficial for you. Good luck.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:31 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Originally Posted by bigsombrero View Post
You just slammed four cans of hard alcohol. I wish you luck and I know you're thinking this is the right thing, but slamming down gobs of milk and Jack Daniel's doesn't sound like the best way to quit. And it's not a method I recommend, nor have I seen a good success rate.

You should try AA, pronto. Or consult a doctor about your problem, pronto. It would be beneficial for you. Good luck.
Compared to 3/4 of a litre of hard alcohol I was drinking four days previously, 4 cans of 5% premixed JD is quite a comedown! And, its also my last night before day one, doctor permitting. I wanted to quit cold turkey but lots of kind forumers here encouraged me to read about alcohol withdrawal so to my mind I've been doing it more sensibly. I can only think you didn't read my OP fully. Nevertheless, ty for your concern and advice.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:45 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Anywhoo, ty all again for kind words and support... Yes, I drank 4 cans of majorly diluted JD tonight in my taper efforts and yes, I feel stone cold sober :/ But, by the by, gonna plug myself in now to my 8 hour sleep hypnosis track lol... Hope to be reporting day ONE tomorrow after seeing Dr Who! Yay xoxo
Old 08-25-2013, 05:47 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Good luck with the doctor visit, let us know how it goes - hopefully those 4 cans are your last! Again good luck.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:35 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

How did it go? Did you make the doctor visit? Are you drinking today?
Old 08-26-2013, 04:18 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Originally Posted by bigsombrero View Post
How did it go? Did you make the doctor visit? Are you drinking today?
Hiiii ty for asking I did make the visit and the doc was lovely. I wasn't going to post cos I know you guys will tell me I'm making a wrong desicion but I told the doc I don't want any examinations or tests of any sort regarding my physical self. And, I don't want any meds for my withdrawal or for my mental health....

This is because I am a malignant optimist and I really don't believe in focusing on what is unwanted. I think it makes it actually come true. So this was a bit of a battle between doc and I from the offset. Anyway, I have agreed to counselling in regards to my addictive personality and also have a list of AA meetings I can go too.

Since I refused any meds and exams, I am going to continue my taper. We worked out that I consumed approx 8 units last night. So tonight I've had just 4 units and tommoro just one single shot of something :/ And day One starts Wednesday, I have another appointment scheduled for Thursday incase any problems. I am thinking to attend an AA meeting Wednesday night, theres a womans one near my workplace.

Don't hate me I'm really doing my best in a way that suits my beliefs. And, I'm closer to soberity than I've been in a long time.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:17 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

You seem to be engaged in an interesting approach.
Bit of a maverick, hey!

Anyhow I wish you well and hope it all comes together for you.......................