Oh - no !

Old 08-24-2013, 02:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Oh - no !

Only wanted to get your attention. Everything is FINE

Hello to everyone, I haven’t posted in a long time but I have been keeping in touch with a few people, and still reading here often. I have good news to share with you all: my boyfriend is now over 6 months FREE from cocaine. For those who don’t know I came here before he quit, while he was “deciding” what kind of help to get for himself. It took him a good month to pick an addiction counselor. It was funny (at least to me) he had their bios and some with pictures laying around the house, he looked like some kind of creepy stalker, but he had a process he needed to go through to feel good about what he was doing, and it seems to have worked its magic. Our relationship is doing better than ever now that he is clean, he has more energy, less paranoia, not afraid someone we work with (we work together) will find out his secret, no more sleepless nights for either of us. He is the same person, only version +1

I am doing good too. I learned a lot about myself when I had to face his addiction, the fact he hid it from me, how I handled it all, and taking time to look at what I wanted for my life. Its an ongoing process as is LIFE. But I know that I want him front and center as long as the relationship is healthy and happy. I have been working A LOT, but I love my work so that is all good. Im still learning a lot, and feel challenged everyday.

We are going to be going on a vacation out of the country in a couple of weeks, and that never would been possible if he was still using, and needing his fix to feel “normal”. Have no desire to land up in a foreign prison !
I will keep reading here and keep on my toes, but I wanted to share our good news.

Thank you to those that have offered continuous support and understanding. My parents, his parents now know about his drug use, and recovery work now, but no one else, so online help has been important to me.

Old 08-24-2013, 04:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

How wonderful things are going so well, may you have many happy days ahead.

Hugs
Old 08-24-2013, 06:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing your good news Daisy Doc! I'm really happy for both of you. We need to hear stories of hope here too so please keep us updated!
Old 08-24-2013, 07:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad to hear it worked out, and thank you for sharing!
Old 08-25-2013, 04:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you Guys. I realized after I posted this that its been more like 7 months instead of 6, but I had meant to update earlier, and it took me that long to get around to it.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm glad you did post! People need to hear good news. Thanks for sharing. You'll both be in my prayers.
gentle hug
ke
Old 08-26-2013, 03:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Work in Progress

That's so nice to hear.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update Daisy. Happy to hear your both doing well. Keep Going !