Notices

Why I don't miss drinking!

Old 08-24-2013, 12:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Why I don't miss drinking!

Man, tonite really drives home why I'm so glad I got off the ride. I had to run to the grocery store to pick up a few things. Now, bear in mine I'm a chef and I work late, so pretty much all of shopping is either before work or really late. So I was headed to the store at maybe 1:15 am, about 15 minutes before last call. As I drove to the store a bunch of young, obviously plastered kids were stumbling right out into the street in front of me! Completely oblivious, of course, to the fact that they're wandering around in traffic- didn't even look before running into the street.

And on the way back it's the same thing, a bunch of 20-somethings stumbling out right in front of me, trying to get their keys in the car door. Of course, they're hooting and screaming at me, and one of them is running right at my bumper! Man, lots of potential Darwin Awards to be handed out this evening!

All I could think the whole time was man, I'm glad to leave the stupid to the kids! I'm really too old to be that stupid!
Old 08-24-2013, 01:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

MythOfSisyphus, you are FANTASTIC.