Notices

Felt a bit rubbish today.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Felt a bit rubbish today.

Its day 10 and was feeling rather anxious and cravings have been rearing there ugly head again today. Its bank holiday and not back to work now till Tuesday so maybe my mind is telling me its a good time to drink? I am feeling rather on edge again. Thought those feelings had gone. Obviously not. I am very tempted to drink.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RJY9 View Post
Its day 10 and was feeling rather anxious and cravings have been rearing there ugly head again today. Its bank holiday and not back to work now till Tuesday so maybe my mind is telling me its a good time to drink? I am feeling rather on edge again. Thought those feelings had gone. Obviously not. I am very tempted to drink.
Try not to give in.....10 days is a great achievement.

Please think of something positive you can do, even if its to go for a long walk. Empty days are dangerous if you are feeling tempted.

Make sure you eat healthy so that hunger doesn't trick you into drinking for a quick fix.

Remember why you wanted to stop and keep focused on that.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

RJY - I have been feeling very anxious since yesterday with strong cravings myself. It was unbearable last night for some reason. I had to go for a quick run just to clear my head. It is maddening. It is like at least it can give you some warning..right? I think the feeling will mostly likely always be there. I don't know. I was tempted to drink myself, but I talked myself out of it. Just remember how you will feel if you do take that first drink. I know for me, I don't want to deal with all those icky feelings or being hungover only to want more alcohol to take the hangover away. It is a vicious cycle that needs to be broken. Is there anything you can do to keep yourself occupied?
Old 08-23-2013, 06:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hun

Don't drink please. As its bank holiday if you start to drink you probs won't stop until Monday and then will have to go back to work on Tuesday feeling awful.

Hugs
Jackie xx
Old 08-23-2013, 09:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just like to add, you'll have to go through the withdrawals again - they don't let us have holidays
Hang in there x
Old 08-23-2013, 11:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I feel bad too on day 6. We have to be strong.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I havent drank. Ive stayed strong.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to hear RJY!

D
Old 08-24-2013, 01:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You can do it but Bank Holidays are hard! I can't remember the last non-pregnant Bank Holiday I had that didn't involve lots of alcohol.
You are doing so well.
Old 08-24-2013, 01:09 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

RJY9, day 10? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations. At day 10 I was anxious, crazy, wanted to drink, but at 3 years 2 months sober most of the time I have no problems with cravings, urges and such. Just tough it out, suffer through it, because it gets easier as time goes by. Rootin for ya.