Anxiety

Old 08-23-2013, 06:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anxiety

I woke up this morning to a huge anxiety cloud hanging over my head. Not sure why. There has been no big change in my situation that would constitute such feelings, so I am at a loss. I wish they would go away. I am trying not to focus on the anxiety because I know that will make it worse. Has anyone had any experience with things like this? Maybe it's the stress of life catching up on me....
Old 08-23-2013, 06:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's such an icky feeling. I'm sorry you're feeling so anxious today. I'm not sure how you feel about this or if it will work for you but when I get that anxious feeling....I have a chat with my HP. There's a saying "If you pray.....why worry. If you worry.....why pray." I employ the tools of my recovery....and for me....that's letting go and letting God.

I hope your day goes well.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 08-23-2013, 06:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes, I have days where I just can't shake certain feelings....I've gotten much better at recognizing that these are the times I need to do more reading or do something special for myself. Sometimes I have to make a conscious effort to acknowledge the feelings for what they are...journal about them. Say the serenity prayer a billion times and then get on with my day. I have found these feelings typically are attached to my sense of powerlessness over my son's addiction. I'm sorry you are feeling this way today...but try to acknowledge at least you don't feel this way ALL the time...You now associate discomfort with what used to be my "norm".... I can physically feel the difference now too. Thinking of you today...
Old 08-23-2013, 11:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So, just found out that my AH has a warrant for his arrest... maybe my anxiety was really a warning about stresses to come. I actually feel relieved. At least if he is in jail I know he can't OD, steal, or emotionally drain me. That sounds horrible, but it's the truth. Thanks for the support.