Notices

Hello

Old 08-23-2013, 05:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello

Hello to everyone,

I am a long term alcoholic and have wasted alot of my time and energy over the last few years drinking and partying. Through the demon drink I lost my home, family and friends.

On 1st of August I woke up sick from another heavy session, I didnt have any divine intervention or visit from the good lord well at least not visually, but for some reason I got up off the floor/sofa walked out my door into the morning sunshine and started walking, I walked into the countryside and just kept walking, I went into a store and bought a 2 litre bottle of spring water, I continued on walking and thinking about life, after walking about 18 miles I just
realised that Id rather live than die after all, we all die eventually I just decided Id prefer to die around the age of 80 or 90 instead of 32. I got my mobile phone took out the sim card and broke it up, then I smashed the phone off a rock, now the parasites whom I considered "friends" could not contact me any more and encourage me to join them for drinks. I went back to my apartment and discarded everything and anything related to alcohol. My walking has turned into running, Ive joined a running club and signed up to run a marathon in 4 months time.

I just want anyone out there who like me couldnt live without alcohol to realise the game is not up, you really can change you've just got to dig deep into your self and realise theres more to life and life is worth living. I'm now 23 days free of that poison and looking forward to a life away from drink.

I plan to keep busy and active and look towards my goal of getting my family back, building new friendships and getting my new business up and running.

Last edited by liam616; 08-23-2013 at 05:43 AM. Reason: add text
Old 08-23-2013, 05:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard and best wishes on your road to recovery!
Old 08-23-2013, 05:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your 23 days sober.

I'm happy to hear that walking/running helped you get through the early days. Walking worked wonders for me, too and I continue to walk every day.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for your kind words. Yes the walking / running I guess just gets you out into the fresh air and I find it is very therapeutic especially when your on the beach or in the mountains or countryside.