Notices

Debt and temporary AAAAAAAAAAARGH

Old 08-21-2013, 03:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Debt and temporary AAAAAAAAAAARGH

Here I go again...

In theory my financial problems have reached a crossroads. I already have a full time job but I've managed to find a part-time job, that I love, that will pay me £200 a month. There's so much work on at my full time job that I can get an extra £300 a month in overtime. I pulled out of the pension scheme to claw back another £100. On paper this is a very optimistic place to be in.

In reality I've just drunk two bottles of wine.

I no longer drink daily and I buy wine less than once a week but I still lack the self-control to stop happily at one glass. I'm going to call that progress and start again with the not-drinking-anything-alcoholic from this moment.

It's very stressful to think that I can only avoid bankruptcy by sacrificing the next year of my life to work but that's where I am. It'd be a hell of a lot more stressful to go bankrupt I'm sure. So... I'll pull up my big girls panties and hope that you'll all be patient with me again as I go back to sobriety.

Old 08-21-2013, 06:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Womble,

It sounds like you have some great possibilities ahead of you if you follow through-sobriety and getting your debt paid off. It may not be easy but so doable if you commit. We're cheering you on. You can do it!

June
Old 08-21-2013, 06:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

When I was drinking I THOUGHT I had a decent handle on my finances. After getting sober I realized how much of my income is going to credit card debt. With a clear mind, I'm able to follow a budget now. I sometimes fail, still trying to find a good process but it's far better than hiding my head in the sand (bottle) lol I think it's great you have been able to find another job & are working towards a goal that will give you more financial freedom. I wish you the best & also hope you will give recovery a real shot. It's so worth it
Old 08-21-2013, 06:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Womble yor are FANTASTIC.