Notices

New this & need advice.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New this & need advice.

So I am new to this and this is my story. I need advice.

My older sister is a drug addict and she and her ex had broken up so she came back to my city to get away from everything. She was only with me for two weeks and i had felt that i was helping her keep her mind off of things, i was with her everyday, i had kept her happy and kept her doing things so her mind would be off of her ex and everything else, even cut her off of the drugs.
The last couple days of the time she was here i went to my friends house and was there for a couple days maybe even more and the whole time she was there she was wanting to see me, but i turned her down & the last things she said was. " All i want is to see my sister " , My sister was my rock & i was hers.

A couple days later she had texted me saying she was In a different city going to get treatment. Around the same time her ex had put herself back into a relationship and both of them havent been heard from till now.. Her mother, who is my stepmother had reported her missing, and all this crap had came down on me because i was the last person to see my sister & i had no idea where she was.

Soon enough i had found out she was back with her ex and from what i was told.. My sister didnt want anyone trying to contact her or even trying to find her.. Thats not my sister & i know that is not something she would say. My sister tells me almost everything, She comes to me for everything. So i said to myself, it must be the drugs talking. thats not her. she would never say that..

I need help on what to do. I want to help my sister. It breaks me to see her like this.. The drugs have taken control over her. I feel somewhere along the way she lost herself & i have no idea how to bring her back. I try to talk to her but she never replies. I feel shes just pushing me out.. I dont know what to do anymore.. HEELPP!
Old 08-21-2013, 01:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey, there, ah18 ~ I'm sorry to read about your sister's troubles. It sure sounds like you care a lot about her well being. I, personally, cannot offer any advice, but I think the people over on the Friends & Family of Substance Abusers forum can help you out: Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information Good luck to you!