Notices

Day 15. On Mack trucks, bindi, and chocolate cake for dinner.

Old 08-20-2013, 06:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Day 15. On Mack trucks, bindi, and chocolate cake for dinner.

Break out the party hats kids, the suck it up train is stopping at mi casa for a little stint in Pityland.

Momma woke up all confuzzled this morning. Body felt like it had been thrown under the bus. Barfy, achey, weepy, - hey- why am I hungover ? All I drank was coconut water and decaf yesterday. I'm tuckered, bushwhacked, spent. Flu-y. Blech.

I tried all my metaphysical woo woo stuff and nothing was working. I bought some bindi's over the weekend, so I threw one of thoses bad boys on and did a little meditation. Fast forward to the UPS guy ringing the bell to drop off one of my 5000 online purchases (what ? I replaced drinking with shopping, I'm not proud) and me answering the door with a massive crystal pasted to my forehead. He just stared at me. And of course, he's hotter than a match. He gently layed down the package and backed slowly away down the porch. I think I saw him pick up a little speed as he raced back to the truck.

The cool thing about being an adult is that in addition to the immense amount of responsibility that comes with said title, is the ability to decide that it is perfectly acceptable to have chocolate cake for dinner.

So I did.

And as far as those calories go, I'll pull a Scarlet O'Hara, and I'm not going to worry about that now.

I'll worry about that tomorrow.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Personally, I am a fan of cake for dinner...especially chocolate cake
Old 08-20-2013, 06:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

AO...

i just gotta say you bring me an immense amount of joy! keep on keeping on...
Old 08-20-2013, 06:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hot chocolate, chocolate icecream and jelly babies for me lol x
Old 08-20-2013, 06:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
LDT

alphaomega......
Old 08-20-2013, 06:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I. Love. You.

Seriously. I just had my first genuine laugh-out-loud moment of the day. And it was a sh!tastic day so I really needed it. Thank you.

So funny about the online shopping. I did the exact same thing and racked up...well, I'm not gonna say because I don't think I can even bear to write it down...an obscene credit card bill buying all sorts of completely useless, but oh-so-fascinating in the moment (!!!), CRAP.

Yak hair sweater? Why not?! It'll go perfectly with the ostrich boots I bought ten years ago in South Africa and haven't seen since...

And who doesn't need a set of 12 Chinese brocade napkins for all those dinner parties I won't be having anymore? Great conversation starters for me and my...dogs?

And let's not forget my late-night obsession with purchasing "As Seen on TV" products. Oddly, I never did that drunk staying up all night watching infomercials with one eye shut but sober? Hell yeah I need the super-duper zapper of all unwanted hair on one's body so I can electrocute myself nightly in an attempt to find some of these unwanted hairs that the commercial convinced me I must have but apparently don't. But damn if I'm not trying to find them because I am obsessed with my physical appearance again now that I am not looking like Darth Vader without his helmet on...

And don't even get me going on my "spiritual pursuits..."

Yeah, loud an clear on that, AO. Loud and clear.

You make me giggle so hard and that is such a wonderful thing

Thank you again. xoxoxo
Old 08-20-2013, 06:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

HA, I just laughed so hard too - thank you!

I had an out of body experience yesterday wherein something hijacked my body, ate four...FOUR! cupcakes in a row and then tried to go back to work. I may has well have been drunk, my brain just went ----------.

What a weird, weird world this is. It's like a third dimension
Old 08-20-2013, 07:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Haha! I love, love, love your post Alpha! Thank you for the wonderful laugh.

My Scarlet moment today was 8 snickerdoodles in a row, ...and geez they were tasty.
(Allowing myself those guilt free, decadent little moments are well deserved tributes to my continued sobriety).
Old 08-20-2013, 07:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I had a good laugh myself. I have my party hat on. I have no issues eating chocolate cake for dinner or any of the above mentioned sweets for that matter.