Notices

My new normal....Man I hope not.

Old 08-20-2013, 04:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My new normal....Man I hope not.

Today is 24 days. Three weeks and 3 days. Everything drinking wise seems to be going off without a hitch. Every little side effect that I never expected arrive on a daily basis.

The anxiety or whatever the hell it is...a feeling of bigness around me...is here daily. It seems to be in the evenings, so I am not sure if that is because I am tired or if it is because that is when I would normally drink.

Yesterday I had an ocular migraine, at least that is what the "ask my nurse" told me. I was sitting at my desk and noticed that I was having a really hard time focusing. My monitor looked 3D. The more I noticed it, I realized it was coming from the right side of my vision. It was like a jagged bright colored lens was put over the right side of my eyes. I tried to close them and see if it was just a tracer but it stayed.

After about 10 minutes and self diagnosing as a stroke, I went down to our "ask my nurse" office. Within 5 minutes she had diagnosed as an ocular migraine. She said it shouldn't last more than 20 minutes, to calm down and take a walk.

I walked outside and told myself to stop freaking the F out. By time I got back inside and settle it left as quickly as it arrived. Total occurrence time, 25 minutes.

Every.Single.Day. Something new and bizarre. If this is my new normal, I better figure out quick how to deal with it.

How in the hell did I function for all these years.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I get those ocular migraines - it's like jagged light and it moves from one side to the other yeah? Once you realise they're nothing to worry about, they're actually quite amusing I used to get them on day 3 after drinking. Not had them recently, but they honestly are nothing to worry about
Old 08-20-2013, 05:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I know it's hard to believe right now, but it gets better. When I was where you're at right now I thought I had lost my mind. At one point I thought that by getting sober I actually uncover some mental handicap that was being suppressed by alcohol. lol. I'm not sure how I made it through that point of my recovery, but I do know that this website helped me out a lot. What you're going through now is not going to be your new normal. It's hard for you to see, but stick with your recovery and things will start to improve.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Solosweat, Today is 24 days? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations.