Notices

2nd Day of Being Sober!

Old 08-19-2013, 05:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2nd Day of Being Sober!

Hello All,
I am in my second day of sobriety and it feels great. I have been a binge drinker for the past 14 years of my life. I never really felt the urge to drink it was more of a social thing that I did with my friends. The last couple of years I have noticed my hangovers have become harder to get over, I guess that comes with age, and I am just getting tired of living that lifestyle. Fortunately enough drinking has not caused me any troubles with the law, and I want to keep it that way. A few friends came in to town last weekend and of course we went out to bars to have a good time and I did until Sunday morning when I woke up with a terrible hangover from 2 days of partying, it was then that I realized it was time to change. One of my buddies had sent me a picture of myself hunched over at the bar asleep, and unfortunately this was not the first time that has happened. I was very embarrassed and ashamed that I have lost the ability to control myself when drinking.

Thanks for listening, and I am really looking forward to using SR to help me along the road to sobriety.

Erik
Old 08-19-2013, 05:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Way to go Erik - congratulations on day 2 and welcome to SR

D
Old 08-19-2013, 05:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee!!
Old 08-19-2013, 06:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Day 2 here and I went to AA meeting tonight which helped. Going back tomorrow. Congratulations on day 2!
Old 08-20-2013, 05:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations on two days. That's a good start.
Just remember what happened the last time you drank and realize you never have to have that happen again, if you don't take that first drink.

Best to you.