Notices

Loving an Alcoholic

Old 08-19-2013, 04:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Loving an Alcoholic

Can you imagine loving someone so much you would be willing to do anything for them? I can!
I would be willing to bet that most people in love would answer yes to this question because it’s easily imaginable to do for someone you love. I would even wager that most people think that it makes them a better person and partner because they claim to be willing to do anything for the one they love.
I am sitting here knowing that most people, in fact, would not be willing to do ANYTHING for the person they love and more importantly it does not make you a better person if you, in fact, are. Sure people are willing to do the good, or move, or get new employment, or compromise, or be that shoulder, or supportive, or care for you when you are sick, or take a loan against their 401k to buy the girl they love the most beautiful ring [April]. Most would even make the ever popular resounding resolve to “die for the one they love” (and it goes without saying that by no means am I talking about a child/parent relationship here but rather a selected partner).
That being said, I have lived a life, loved beyond reason, put myself out there, tore myself down, built myself up, AND proven surely that I am willing to do anything for the one I love. As a consequence I have forever been changed. I think this is where I should share one of my more popular quotes, not because I like it but because I have said it more than any other: “If you dance with the devil, the devil doesn’t change. The devil changes you”
Old 08-19-2013, 04:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to SR! I'm glad you joined the family!