Notices

Almost slipped

Old 08-19-2013, 12:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Almost slipped

I had a really hard time yesterday I'm in the process of moving right now and yesterdawas great day considering I worked all day and came home to a house that I know needs to be empty soon. so trying to clean and neatly pack everything is a nightmare. I knew that if I went to the store got my fix I could have had my house cleaned and packed in 6 hours (that's what I tell myself) But than I went into the bathroom sat down for about 10 minutes washed my face and realized one trip to the store would have just led to a another trip and then I would have passes out and woke up to another day of packing but the worst it would have been one day less of sobriety.

I find for me being stressed out is the hardest part about being sober. I've learned to deal in social situations and going about my daily routines without wanting to drink. But when I feel like my plate is too full is when I **** up and yesterday was a perfect example and I passed it.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations!

Your posts exemplifies why, even after three hundred and sixty-five consecutive days in the "sober saddle", my mantra remains the same.

Don't worry about tomorrow. Don't worry about next week. Don't worry about next month. Don't worry about next year. Instead, put all of your energy , which means all of your heart, mind, body, and soul into staying clean and sober today and today only.

Good luck and God Bless
Old 08-19-2013, 01:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nice work, Genetic! What you did was no easy feat. I hope you realize that.