Mr. Sponsorpants has written a book!

Old 08-19-2013, 04:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Mr. Sponsorpants has written a book!

I can't post links to other blogs, but one of my absolute favorite blogs of all time is "Mr. Sponsorpants"--you can google it and find it. It is an "AA sponsor blog" but it is so awesomely wise and sometimes downright hysterically funny. The guy who writes it is amazing. He answers questions on his blog, including a few from family members. As they say, "he has what I want" in my own sobriety.

Anyway, he just announced today that he has finally finished the book he has been writing, which is available for download on Kindle. "Mr. SponsorPants: Adventures in Sobriety and the Twelve Steps for AA's and Others." Lots of good stuff on the Steps. If you go to the Amazon site and do a search you can find it. It's only available for download, so it is inexpensive.

I am in the middle of finishing up a work project right now but I can't wait to read it!
Old 08-19-2013, 04:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Crap, I am eventually going to have to buy a Kindle thing now, I see....

Thanks for the info!
Old 08-19-2013, 04:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by honeypig View Post

Thanks for the info!
Nope, no need to do that. Kindle has apps for pretty much all the smart phones and tablets as well as a downloadable program for windows. It also lets you read using a browser.

I do all my reading on an iPhone or an iPad.

Your friend,
Old 08-19-2013, 04:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by honeypig View Post

Thanks for the info!
There is a kindle app for your computer as well. You can download it and all the books that you would want on your kindle could be read on your computer. It is downloadable on Amazon and it's free.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by owathu View Post
There is a kindle app for your computer as well. You can download it and all the books that you would want on your kindle could be read on your computer. It is downloadable on Amazon and it's free.
I had no clue! Thanks so much, owathu--you are my hero for today!
Old 08-19-2013, 05:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Yeah, I have Kindle apps on all my computers, my iPhone and my iPad. When I bought my iPad, I gave my dad my old Kindle. Though I think he still hasn't gotten around to downloading anything--I sort of inundated him with new technology at Christmas and I only had a few days to stick around to teach him how everything works. I think he has finally gotten the hang of the universal remote I passed along to him...
Old 08-19-2013, 10:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I never thought I'd like a kindle - I just love books. The way they feel in your hand, the way they smell, the beauty of all that possibility in all those words...I love words, too. An amazing thing, language. In any case, I still love books, but I love the kindle, too. It's pretty handy. I do suggest not buying reference books in kindle format. It's a PIA not to be able to flip through easily, and I find it best suited to something meant to be read through.

You can borrow library books through a kindle, at least in my state.

Thank you for the suggestion, Lexie!