Notices

Where to go?

Old 08-18-2013, 08:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Where to go?

I can't shake the depression and anxiety I have had since getting my dwi, everyday is constant worry to the point where I can't do anything but sit there and torture myself. I lost 2 jobs, my license, my car, had to move back home with my parents which at 25 is just embarrassing. With a criminal record an already tough job market just became almost impossible because I am now a convicted criminal. I don;t know what to do, everything just seems hopeless at this point. I could still be looking at jail time when I am sentenced on October 18th, and in my head I have already convinced myself that that is where I will end up.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

Have you gone to AA yet?
Old 08-18-2013, 08:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

AA would be a good place to try. Have you talked to your doctor or a counselor?
Old 08-18-2013, 08:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think a little faith is important...good work does yield results....it may look bleak now but you're already miles from where you used to be

Patience is important too - it took me about a year to work thorugh the debris my drinking left...but as I'd drunk for 20, I think I got off pretty lightly....

I know...you have a lot of things to worry about...but you don't really know how any of them are going to play out.

work hard, do your best - do everything that anyone can ask of you - keep looking for jobs too...if you have to do something menial for a while, so be it - I've done menial jobs...there's no shame in it, unless you decide there is.

D
Old 08-18-2013, 08:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have been going to AA almost everyday for 3 weeks, also seeing a therapist and taking medication for anxiety/depression. It helps but I still feel hopeless.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

sentenced on October 18th
Yeah, 2nd that... go to AA meetings, sit and listen. If you do get sentenced, hopefully go to AA prison meetings.
May just work in your favor, BUT, be honest about it, not just for the brownie points or "look at me I'm goody-2-shoes I go to AA".They will know anyway if you are genuine or not.

But give it a honest go. It may be last card in the deck and if ya honest it may well turn out to be the Ace!
Old 08-18-2013, 09:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It's human nature to think the worst - try not to worry Keep doing what you're doing and I'm sure you'll be just fine.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Please believe that it is never hopeless. There really is hope. Sometimes it just takes time. You can get through this. I am being serious that in a relatively short amount of time things can be so much better. This ordeal can be nothing more than a memory that yields valuable life lessons. There may indeed be short term consequences but you will get through them. Your long term future can be better and hopeful. Please remember that and start working towards it and making the decisions that you know will keep you pointed in that direction.
Don't give up. There is indeed hope.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey, I just sent you a pm as well. You are never alone here. If you need an open ear or have any questions on the dwi please let me know. I am in the middle of my second and far more importantly last so hopefully I could be of some help.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
~sb

Maybe it's time to work those 12 steps?
Old 08-18-2013, 09:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I asked my sponsor on Friday if he would sponsor me, and we are getting together after a meeting tomorrow to figure out a game plan as you would say.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by Prodigy View Post
I have been going to AA almost everyday for 3 weeks, also seeing a therapist and taking medication for anxiety/depression. It helps but I still feel hopeless.
This will help you come time for sentencing. You might also look into doing volunteer work to keep you and your mind occupied.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:48 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hey Prodigy : ) Well, we addicts are legendary "awfulizers". I know I have made major motion picture horror flicks in my head starring molehills that grow into Mount Everest. Now I don't mean to come across as minimizing the seriousness of your situation. But please know, that fear tells great big whopper lies. You are doing the right things and I certainly understand that this weighs very heavy on your brain right now....but you're going to be okay. I don't know about the U.S...but we got a big ole gigantic overcrowding situation in jails/prisons here in Canada. I know here they got more serious fish to throw in the can than first time offenders with DUI's. I really, really, really think prison time is unlikely.