Notices

I want to go grab a bottle so bad.....

Old 08-18-2013, 05:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I want to go grab a bottle so bad.....

It was my Birthday yesterday so decided to make that my sobriety date....I didn't go out stayed home and sober.....it also helped I was broke from a several day binge of drinking and ordering food...my mom just dropped off my Birthday present and in the card is a $20...I am supposed to work at 11pm but I could call in...I also start a diet tomorrow no alcohol allowed so this will be my last night....the anxiety is killing me....I could loose my job tho if I call, but I want this last night....
Old 08-18-2013, 05:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If we continue to drink, alcohol will use us up until there is nothing left. You can stay sober one moment at a time.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Acheleus View Post
If we continue to drink, alcohol will use us up until there is nothing left. You can stay sober one moment at a time.
I am trying....a long time until work....ugh! I thought I was going to be ok this is only day 2.....
Old 08-18-2013, 05:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you'd be immeasurably better off going with the sobriety you have now - in a few days you'll be feeling good again....drink and you'll have to start this process all over again.

We made bad choices for years - I spent my last $20 on booze many times, and called in sick.

Maybe it's time for some better decisions Minnesota?
what do you think?

D
Old 08-18-2013, 05:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Minnesota, have you looked up AA meetings in your area? That would kill some time before work.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I know your right...I just have this overwhelming voice or desire or whatever you want to call it hate this feeling but know I can make it go away...im trying to fight it....Im trying
Old 08-18-2013, 05:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Hi Minnesota.
Dude it's Sunday. You have drive all the way to cheeseland. Hang in there you do have to fight off cravings for awhile until your brain gets some retraining.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

LuLu no I haven't done AA....just started yesterday with sobriety only day 2....
Old 08-18-2013, 05:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by silentrun View Post
Hi Minnesota.
Dude it's Sunday. You have drive all the way to cheeseland. Hang in there you do have to fight off cravings for awhile until your brain gets some retraining.
I'm actually in Fargo which is on the ND side I have a drive up liquor store 3 blocks from my house, I can stay in my robe....ugh!!!!!
Old 08-18-2013, 05:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stay online and stick around SR...I got through many nights that way.
You won't regret not drinking when you wake up tomorrow morning

make a stand for change Minnesota

D
Old 08-18-2013, 05:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Minnesota81713 View Post

I could loose my job tho if I call, but I want this last night....
when I think back on it

it's just plain amazing how many things and relationships I threw away

just so I could get drunk

you so much remind me of me

Mountainman
Old 08-18-2013, 05:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Oops I though this was of those times being a Minnesotan was going to come in handy.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:25 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

3 hours till I have to leave for work....just keep saying...u can do this Amy..ugh!! I so want one more night tho...just one more and start fresh Monday....but gotta work...keep saying the same thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Feel like one of the homeless drunks begging for change out of desperation and that is not meant as disrespectful I am saying that cause my mind is just racing, I can taste it, feel the warmth....this is crazy!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2013, 05:27 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by silentrun View Post
Oops I though this was of those times being a Minnesotan was going to come in handy.
LOL....a smile!!!! Thank u!!!!
Old 08-18-2013, 05:29 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

it's never one more night tho...that's the great lie of addiction,..we want one more night, one more good experience....I think they call that chasing the dragon.

I used to have one more night...then drank in the morning to get over that one last night...then drank again that night because I'd already 'ruined the day'...

there's always one more night Minnesota.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:31 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Dear Minnesota, I know how you feel but I hope you stick with your plan. Sobriety is so much better.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:33 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

MN the first couple days are the hardest. You've made it to day two that is awesome, keep going. The "one last night" or I'll stop tomorrow, or next week kept me in the vicious cycle of drinking for a long time. Hang in there it does get better, the farther away you get from your last drink the better you will feel.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:36 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I'm not gonna do it....Im gonna take a long shower and stay online until I have to walk out this door....thank you so much to all of you, I do feel a little better and your right, I have had so many "last nights" I will just be sick in am and feel like crap and its payday so it continues...I can do this...its only a liquid....ugh...just such a dang good feeling one...grrr....Thank you so much again!!!!
Old 08-18-2013, 05:37 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
it's never one more night tho...that's the great lie of addiction,..we want one more night, one more good experience....I think they call that chasing the dragon.

I used to have one more night...then drank in the morning to get over that one last night...then drank again that night because I'd already 'ruined the day'...

there's always one more night Minnesota.
Yea my "1" more night just went for a 4 day binge I m w\ Dee here; chasing something that will "never" end .. I feel for ya .. I work in 2 hours 20 minutes and I just quit yesterday ..
Old 08-18-2013, 05:46 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I work alone as a night auditor so once I get to work in a few hours I can't leave...just a few hours right now and if I call at the last minute my job is done, I did it last week .... def going to have my laptop on this site!!!!!