Notices

All I have

Old 08-18-2013, 10:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

All I have

I'm a weekend binge drinker. Over the years I have thought often of stopping and that I more than likely have a problem. I have alcoholics on both sides of my family. My mother is an alcoholic. I'm tired of wasting time away on hangovers, having no clue how the end of the night will end/did end, I have a great husband and kids and I don't want to ruin what I have. From life experience with my mother, I know drinking will eventually result in me saying/doing something in front of them that they will never forget. Truth is, I already have and just don't remember/made light of it.

I plan to visit this site often. If I don't, come this weekend, I will "forget" I am quitting. Glad I have found this site.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Hi ange77!

You've come to a great place with a lot of good information that will help. That and the fact that you'll find many people who are in the exact same boat as you.

I'll start by saying that I was also a weekend binge drinker. I also completely identify with "I'm tired of wasting time away on hangovers, having no clue how the end of the night will end/did end."

That was me 83 days ago and I am now 12 weekends without alcohol. You have a lot to look forward to. It isn't easy but this place is the best. It's been the difference for me sometimes between picking up or not picking up that first drink.

Have you ever done a program? There's a whole area of the message board dedicated to traditional 12 step programs and non 12 step programs.

I'm glad that you decided to come here!
Old 08-18-2013, 11:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks LadyBlue0527 for your reply. 12 weekends! How wonderful! I can not wait until I can say the same. I have never tried any programs. I plan on checking everything out in here!
Old 08-18-2013, 11:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Ange !!!

If you think you're gonna forget, come here first and we'll help you remember and get through it!!!
Old 08-18-2013, 02:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Ange x
Old 08-18-2013, 03:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Ange - good on ya for catching this thing early. It only gets worse, as you know. The folks on this site are incredibly supportive and many of us spend a lot of time here, giving and getting support. When things get dicey, support makes a difference.

Welcome to SR!
Old 08-18-2013, 03:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome to SR!!
Old 08-18-2013, 03:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard and best wishes on your road to recovery!
Old 08-18-2013, 03:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!