Notices

False sense of security ?

Old 08-18-2013, 01:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

False sense of security ?

I guess I thought that if I got Friday and Saturday nights out of the way, it would be 'plain sailing'. What a wake up call. Feeling really restless and ..well..irritable I guess you could call it.

NO WAY am I going to act upon any cravings - absolutely not. No way, am I going through withdrawals again for anyone or anything.
Just wanted to get my thoughts out there.

Thanks for being there x
Old 08-18-2013, 01:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
(previously uksupport)

Be strong Zoe, i'm sure the feeling will pass. Be busy and do something it should take your mind off it till the AV passes, i've just filled the dishwasher whilst making another cuppa.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks - I've got into a word game on fb and feeling a bit better already. I ran out of hot choc so am back on coffee, which I think isn't helping I'll be fine honestly and thanks x
Old 08-18-2013, 01:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Get yourself some chocolate, and go for a walk or something else you don't normally do. Sometimes cravings can sneak up on us but I am sure you're perfectly capable of dealing with them x
Old 08-18-2013, 01:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Hypohondriac I actually just got on the bathroom scales and after all that hot chocolate and icecream yesterday it's showing a gain of 3 lbs, so that's more than enough reason to drink nothing other than black tea/coffee today. It's weird, the craving went as fast as it came.
Never in a million years do I ever want to go through withdrawals again and I've messed about way too much over the past 4 years. This time it's for good xx
Old 08-18-2013, 03:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Keep yourself and your mind busy Zoe. You are doing great. Be strong and keep your eye on the prize. Wishing you well.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That's very normal to feel like that early on Zoe. Maybe use it as a good opportunity for you to deal with and overcome cravings. I got hit with cravings unexpectedly at 6 weeks,had no idea how to handle so drank

ALso, do something you enjoy,relax,treat yourself. If it's chocolate/ice cream you want have it. Anything to stop you drinking. Healthy eating etc can be dealt with when you've got more sober time

Congrats on your 10 days-you're doing great
Old 08-18-2013, 03:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks Hayley, I will - my stop date would have been my mums bday, so not going to wreck that x

Readyatlast - Yes, I will. As you say, what's a couple of pounds in the grand scheme of things, can soon walk that off later. Just had a long soak in the bath with loads of bubbles. Extra bonus being, my hair takes forever to dry (it's the thick irish variety), so no way could I go out now, even if I wanted to

Thanks again for your support x x x