Notices

Today at community service ..

Old 08-17-2013, 06:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today at community service ..

One guy came to community service today and was sweaty, but quiet. So I asked whats wrong and he says "hungover." I said you sure you're not still drunk ? He replies that he's still kind of buzzed as he hasn't slept. He says he went out drank some hard alcohol, did some cocaine and did not sleep at all. Throughout the day, in the hot sun, he was silent. Every time I looked at him he just looked completely miserable and when I asked if he was alright he could barely talk and would just say "ill be ok." I remember those days of feeling like crap. Today just served to me as a reminder of how overrated drinking is and not worth the suffering we put ourselves through as a result. I guess that's why so many people fail to appear after just a few days and I now have gone for 5 months without missing any of my assigned days.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I remember the not being able to talk, look like Ive been ran over by a truck, about to puke at any moment days. They are just not worth it.
Congrats on your time. Keep on moving forward
Old 08-17-2013, 07:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good reminder - thanks SHH

D
Old 08-17-2013, 08:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Part of my plan is to meditate and bring myself back to those mornings waking up and days feeling like I did. That helps tremendously in freeing myself from the AV.

Stories like yours also help. I could feel the pain just reading your words. I remember that pain and I don't ever want to be back there again.

Thanks for posting that!