Notices

Hello

Old 08-17-2013, 10:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello

Hi,

A few days ago I was a member under a different username. I was still drinking when I posted back them and it was embarrassing. I don't remember what I was posting and there was also someone I was in contact with in PM.

I got so embarrassed that I deleted everything related to this site since I thought I wouldn't be able to come back anyway. My insecurity and fear told me that I made enough of a fool of myself to stay away from here.

Now I'm on my third day sober and feel a little more confident. I also realized that even though I feel embarrassed, it's more important to have a support group in case I need help staying sober.

So far it's been not as difficult as I expected. I do feel a bit sick and can barely sleep, but that's about it.

Mentally I had this fear that I won't be able to quit. That's because drinking was an escape from reality from me. But it's not as hard to deal with reality as I expected. I guess I was more insecure when I started drinking than I am now. Next time I will go for therapy when I need help dealing with reality. Drinking is really not something I want to go back to.

So that's my introduction. Hello to you all!
Old 08-17-2013, 10:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well, WELCOME back!!!

Absolutely no need to be embarrassed here! God knows we've all done things while drinking that were twice as mortifying than anything you could possibly have said here!

Keep up the great work and come here often for support!!!
Old 08-17-2013, 10:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

James, third day sober? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations. Yes it is important to have a support group, and SR is as good as it gets. Rootin for ya.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi. Try to keep up the good work one day at a time. Most of us drank to escape something and it WAS a momentary fix until we soon became aware that the real-ity is still there unless it was worry and fear based. Drinking never fixed anything for me except make me worse. Today it’s great to be comfortable in my own skin most of the time alcohol free.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

back to the family!
Old 08-17-2013, 10:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi James! Many of us are at the beginning of this journey so you're not alone.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It's so great to be welcomed here! Day 4 and doing pretty well. A few hours after posting yesterday I started to get terrible withdrawal all of a sudden. It's over now fortunately. I'd like to post a separate thread about it if that's ok (don't know what the protocol for posting here is yet). But it really freaked me out and I don't want it to get buried in my introduction thread.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome back James

Don't think there's any protocol for posting-just post away
Old 08-18-2013, 06:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome back, congratulations on day 4!!. Hang on in there it gets easier. Wishing you well.