Notices

Starting Over!

Old 08-16-2013, 03:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool Starting Over!

Hi guys! I am a recovering Benzo and alcohol addict. This is my probably my 5th or 6th time trying to stay sober. The longest I have been sober was about 84 days. I know I have to stay sober for good this time, this is the last time. Im trying to get into an in-patient treatment program at the moment and im praying that it works out. Any advice about in-patient or any welcoming words/thoughts are welcome. I can do this! (:
Old 08-16-2013, 03:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good luck. 80+ days is a good starting point! Beat it for good this time =]
Old 08-16-2013, 03:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Cool

Originally Posted by ElectricE View Post
Hi guys! I am a recovering Benzo and alcohol addict. This is my probably my 5th or 6th time trying to stay sober. The longest I have been sober was about 84 days. I know I have to stay sober for good this time, this is the last time. Im trying to get into an in-patient treatment program at the moment and im praying that it works out. Any advice about in-patient or any welcoming words/thoughts are welcome. I can do this! (:
Welcome ElectricE
You can do it! Alcohol and benzos are a terrible mix.....on their own I'm not sure which is worse?
In house recovery is O.K and keep praying.
Any long term plans re your condition for the future?
Old 08-16-2013, 05:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you guys! I appreciate it! After in-patient i will most likely be admitted to an out-patient thats in my town and then to continue i will be going to meetings and what not. I have a couple friends that are pretty sober as well. Thats kind of why in-patient is my last option, I'd hate to lose them :/
Old 08-16-2013, 06:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Very glad to meet you ElectricE. I think you'll find the support here to be amazing. I felt all alone until I found SR. It sounds like you're determined to lead a sober life - we know you can do it. Stick with us and keep posting.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello ElectrieE!!!
Old 08-16-2013, 08:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hello JumpnOn2! Wow I already feel pretty safe here, all of you are so welcoming lol I appreciate it. I am definetly determined! Like I said, this is my last option. I can feel the support (: thanks again guys!
Old 08-16-2013, 09:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi from the UK ElecricE
Old 08-16-2013, 09:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Glad you do. I found this site by mistake and sure am glad I did. The support provided by the community is awesome!!! I never knew a site like this existed.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hello ZoeM (: I get what you mean JumpnOn2, ive been on here for less then 24 hours and already feel better about my sobriety. Im glad I can talk to other people besides the people I see at my meetings! lol
Old 08-16-2013, 10:10 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I did rehab about 15 years ago. I liked it. Back then all we had was 12 step program but even though I'm not a member now, I certainly learned a lot. I'm pretty open minded and figure I can always learn something new. Plus I was one of those willing to try anything...and I needed a 30 day rest. Wasn't crazy about having to get up early all the time but I liked the food.

I don't know how they operate these days but I'm glad I went. I try hard to be positive so I just focused on that.

Good luck, keep an open mind, follow your heart, and be positive!
Old 08-16-2013, 11:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Wow! Thats inspiring! I know positivity is a huge thing in treatment. Im anxious, nervous, and a little reluctant but like you I know I need a 30 day rest. Just to be away. In the past when I tried to be sober I just kind of figured "well I have the sponsor, I do the steps, and I attend the meetings" and I could never figure out why it wasn't working for me. Then I realized after a relapse about a month ago that in-patient is where I need to be! (: