Notices

Stay sober this weekend!!! 16 - 17 - 18!

Old 08-16-2013, 06:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Stay sober this weekend!!! 16 - 17 - 18!

Join me staying sober this weekend!

I am starting off with a smile and a lot of energy.

Just like I always did on Friday.... Only for Monday to arrive with guilt and shame and a real bad hangover. That's if I got up Monday.

Living sober take some relearning. Lets relearn together... Today!

Ken
Old 08-16-2013, 06:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great plan! I'm with you in enjoying a sober weekend of true fun (that we can even remember and share later)!
Old 08-16-2013, 07:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This will be my first weekend of sober fun in a VERY long time. I can't wait. I want to go into Monday with no drunken regrets. I'm definitely with you!
Old 08-16-2013, 07:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Weasel,

I am in. I am glad you started this tread as I need all the help I can get when it comes to weekends. Weekends are my biggest trigger. I am a little anxious and nervous but, I am bound and determined to come out on top again.

I have loads of things planned again for this weekend to keep me super busy as the AV likes to scream at me all weekend long. I will battle it though even if I have to shovel 10 lbs of candy into my system like I did last weekend.

I loved this past Monday morning. I woke up sober and it was the best feeling ever and the most productive Monday in 8 years.

I am glad to be here and thank you!
Old 08-16-2013, 07:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Serenity.... Let av scream.... I have learned to let the constant drone in the background just do its thing. No sense in having any conversations with it. In fact when I don't hear it I start to freak! Lol

Lone.... Living..... Welcome!

I need this thread so much this weekend you have no idea.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Im in with you. My firsy sober weekend since my teens.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thewill.... Lets make it happen! I remember my very first after 15 years of solid drunkeness. I want you to have that feeling Monday morning.

To everyone here.... This is not a thread for only those that stay sober for the weekend. It's a thread to get off your chest if you don't also. No shame ever on SR. Only people who get it!
Old 08-16-2013, 07:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
(previously uksupport)

Well I've gone to the pub this work lunch and am still sober

to the weekend!
Old 08-16-2013, 07:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Happy Sober Weekend!

I joined Dee's generously offered witness protection program last week, so some of you might remember me as Ohta, henceforth known as Olive.

Anyway.....think I will just work on an art project this weekend. Dog with the back problem goes in for his evaluation on Sunday, I am hoping the vet will tell us we can take short walks now and start going back to work. (He does not understand the no activity prescription and is driving me batty with pent up energy.)

I hope everyone has a wonderful and sober weekend!
Old 08-16-2013, 07:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
as a sober contributor

Welcome to the W/E!

Let's hope that it will be a productive and happy one!

Sobriety has HUGE benefits so let's all enjoy them!

No HANGOVER(S).
No REGRET.
No SHAME.
No DISMAY.
No INJURIES.
No DUI'S.
No LOST FRIENDSHIP'S.
No LOST RELATIONSHIP'S.
No ALCOHOL FUELED STUPIDITY.
NO DRAMA!

Happy Friday to ALL!
Old 08-16-2013, 08:00 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm on day one again. Feeling so frustrated with myself and so anxious today. Need all the support I can get this weekend.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:04 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm on day 6 today and being Friday just want to say screw it and drink. I've gone to meetings all week but still doesn't stop the want to drink this weekend. I hope I can do it.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:16 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

For me..... I have had countless day ones. Put the emotions aside today. Try to feel nothing. I try to stay blank when I have a slip. If I don't I get to thinking I deserve another drink.... And I don't.

Melbel..... Got a case of the F'Its? Welcome to Friday. Let that feeling just stay there. No need to act on it. It is not stronger than you are. And it cannot be fed if you don't feed it.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:30 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Looking forward to another sober weekend. Weather supposed to beautiful so hope to spend a lot of time outdoors. 80 days and counting!
Old 08-16-2013, 08:32 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Originally Posted by ForMeForThem View Post
Need all the support I can get this weekend.
FMFT : Your not alone in feeling this way . I'm glad you posted this. You did the right thing , reaching out. Let's get through it , here on the weekender thread , with a lot of support

* ring ring * @ weekenders .

Lots of support needed for us struggling. Any and all up to the task , we need your input

Thanks in advance

Tr
Old 08-16-2013, 08:43 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thanks Weasel and Trkyriky. Its so pathetic that I've already had thoughts of drinking this evening to calm this anxiety and shame I'm feeling. Such messed up thinking when drinking is what caused the anxiety and shame in the first place! I just need to get through the next couple days. Thanks for the support.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:51 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I hear you!
Old 08-16-2013, 08:56 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Serenity.... Let av scream.... I have learned to let the constant drone in the background just do its thing. No sense in having any conversations with it. In fact when I don't hear it I start to freak! Lol

Lone.... Living..... Welcome!

I need this thread so much this weekend you have no idea.
You know you are right, I don't have to have a conversation with my AV. I plan on ignoring it as much as I can. The only thing that keeps me from picking up a drink is staying super busy all weekend long which is ok, but than I go back to work tired from all the extra crap I had to shove into my schedule to keep the sanity. But, ya know it sure as heck beats being hungover and miserable.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:59 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thewill View Post
Im in with you. My firsy sober weekend since my teens.
Hi thewill. Last weekend was my first sober weekend in 8 years and I can tell you it was tough, but I did it. If I did it so can you. Keep the faith, keep coming back to SR, do whatever it takes to not pick up that first drink. It will be hard but the rewards are so worth it. You will be amazed.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:00 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi All, I am in! Heading up to PA for the weekend but no plans as of yet. Thankfully the weather has gotten cooler (I am much more of a Spring/Autumn person than a Summer one), so I am enjoying that.

Ken, you cooking anything good this weekend? Love hearing about your yummy culinary adventures!

ForMeForThem: I hear you on those feelings of anxiety. There was another thread going around about that on the Alcoholism board (I think), but you are so right...we drink because initially we think it will calm our nerves and make us less anxious and, in the end, it makes us more anxious than ever. I used to have to take a shot or drink a couple of glasses of wine to drive a mile or two down the damn road when one of those attacks hit, I was such a freakin' wreck. And off to the races I would be again...awful, awful. Good thing is that when you stop, those nasty anxiety attacks are one of the first things to go. Seriously. I haven't had one in six months and the freedom is unbelievable. Just try not to feed the cycle

Everyone else, stay strong and I'll see you here this weekend! Sober hugs and thoughts of strength and serenity to all!!