Notices

Hopeless to Hopeful ...

Old 08-16-2013, 12:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hopeless to Hopeful ...

I posted this in another Thread but, I hope this gives someone else encouragement to keep pressing forward within their sobriety regardless where you may be at: 1 day, 2 weeks, or even a couple of months.

Best wishes to all,

I started visiting SR website many months before I started to detox.

I kept reading everyones posts, comments, and life stories only to keep telling myself that everyone on here was crazy for wanting to give up that drink. Yet, I kept coming back just to see more posts and comments that greatly affected me. Some positive others, it seemed as if I was starring at the screen reading my own story through someone elses struggles and pain.

I started my detox on the 22nd of March, 2013 when the nights before I nearly drove my truck into someone's front porch while driving home from the bar. The weeks prior, I can not remember. I am one that is known to be the raging/blackout drinker.

My life's ending was already written and I was bound for death however, something - now my Higher Power in which I choose to call God, kept me alive.

I tend to wonder why He (God) chose to keep me alive? Am I really worth it? What good do I have to offer? I was a worthless, wrecklace, unforgiving, useless, careless, cold-hearted, raging, piece of garbage who did not even deserve to be called a Human. I only wanted to serve the one thing that felt as if it gave me life, power, strength, and confidence.

NOW ...

I have a relationship with my HP. I have life. Living. Breathing. Thankful and Sober.

I am in AA, have a sponsor, working the steps, and helping those around me just by being a living testimony.

Coming up on my 5 months as of August 22nd.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations on your progress EndStage

D
Old 08-16-2013, 01:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It is pretty amazing, isn't it? I never saw myself as the person I am today.

We are pretty close, 5 months for me August 24th.

I feel my HP came to me. He tapped me on the shoulder, I surrendered and called AA. My HP took away my desire to drink. It is a very special gift. Why me? Why now? I don't know and I stopped asking. The only thing that makes sense it that my HP has a greater plan for me than I had for myself.

I will not throw away my gift. I feel, maybe for the first time, gratitude. I am grateful to my HP and to all the people in AA that have helped me and surrounded me with their friendship and love. Today I am grateful that I can help others. I never wanted to help anyone. I was always reaching out for an emotional handout but today I reach out my hand to help rather than to take.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Old 08-16-2013, 02:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on five months sober!!
Old 08-16-2013, 03:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)