Notices

Cant stop crying today

Old 08-15-2013, 05:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cant stop crying today

From what I thought was an ok start today, I started crying in my first work meeting today and couldn't stop. My organisation is being restructured and we all have to apply for jobs. There are more people than jobs but I have been quite stoic over the last week and have been trying to support others and have faith. I thought I was ok today but can't seem to control my tears. I have more meetings to go and I don't want to be like this.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Maybe just let yourself cry ? Sounds like things are not going well so maybe a little pity party is in order ? Stop being so down on yourself and just sob it out for a bit. Perhaps look at a mirror when you cry and try and see how silly you look ? Might make you smile a little bit.

No point in anybody trying to convince you that today is really the best one of your life and that its all part of a greater plan because it feels the excat opposite. But tomorrow, well maybe you will look back on it with a degree more optimism ?

However sometimes nothing beats a good old fashioned sob, along with it being quite exhausting so at least you will get a good nights sleep out of it if nothing else.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Violet. Sounds like you have a LOT going on there and even through it all, you've been supporting others at your workplace - well done you!!
Your work colleagues all know the stress you are all under, so I wouldn't let a few tears worry you Highly therapeutic they are actually - I was the same yesterday x
Old 08-15-2013, 07:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's OK to cry!

Did you know that crying cleanses the soul? Embrace your tears! Savor the taste of them! And when you're done crying, let out a very, loud, obnoxious ARGGGGGGGHHHHH!!

Works for me
Old 08-15-2013, 08:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you get thru this and find some peace in your life.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Go in the bathroom, turn on the water and cry your eyes out. Cry as much as you can! There is no therapy on earth that compares with tears. Your body and soul are releasing your anxiety and sadness in a normal, healthy way. It's when you hold everything in that trouble starts.

When you're done, splash cold water on your face, take a deep breath, and walk out with your head held high. In the long run, a positive attitude now will go a long way when decisions about who stays and who goes are made!
Old 08-15-2013, 04:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you all very much. It's nearly bed time, I did my best, I tried to be kind, humble and flexible. I'm mentally exhausted but I didn't drink. How different things would have been a few months ago. Such good advice, you guys rock!