Notices

Day 3

Old 08-15-2013, 03:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Day 3

Day 3 - not drinking today.
but since I am a binge drinker, the drinking thoughts will be in a few more days I think....I am going to sit on my computer in this forum all day if I have to then (and also attend my AA meeting, talk to sponsor)...I am just so very grateful that I finally committed to this approach this time.

My husband still isn't talking to me. I can't blame him. Another disappointment for him to see me drunk again. He doesn't even scream and yell anymore. Just silent.

I really am hoping that I can regain back some self esteem and respect - but I sure know it doesn't come by drinking and takes time...

Have a good day everyone.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great to hear you haven't thrown in the towel on putting the bottle down

Just remember, live in the moment, do what's right in front of you to do and don't worry about where you'll be tomorrow, or what you'll do once you get there. Atleast that's what I was told and it works like a charm. The future sure has been a big cause of fear for me in the past, and the bottle (and other things) were the solution for courage and comfort. The only problem that I didn't realize for a while is that my solution was destroying both my present and my future.

You'll make it, if I can do this then anyone can
Old 08-15-2013, 03:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations!

I am 5 days away from a year. Thus, I speak from experience when I say the best thing you can do for yourself on day 3 is to start moving!

Make a list and stick to it.

Clean the house. Do some calisthenics. Go for a walk. Mow the lawn. Rearrange your library. Go to the grocery store. Then do it all over again if you have to but get busy and stay busy.

I say this because the new you is trying to birth itself while the old you is going to die kicking and screaming. Thus, in order to beat this, you need to prepare to fight it each and every day.

Good luck and God Bless