Notices

Getting a plan

Old 08-15-2013, 03:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Getting a plan

Hello all-
I'm staring day 3 and I believe that for the first time I am imagining my life without alcohol. I had a bang -up last binge and have fully exposed the dangerous levels of my drinking. I need a plan but what does "getting a plan" mean? I hoped to get some thoughts from you all as I've read that advice multiple times on this forum. What was your plan? How did you get one? It may sound really naive but ill take any advice. I have started seeing my therapist- I went yesterday (and will go weekly for awhile) and waiting for my copy of Alan Carrs book which I am really looking forward to....
Old 08-15-2013, 03:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My own advice would be to look at going to AA. The whole 12 step programme offers a plan and a way of living along with being able to be around people who have had this problem and are living proof that a future without the booze is not only possible but also desirable.

For me the biggest step was realising I could not beat this thing on my own. I cannot speak for anybody else but in my experience very few people can.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My "plan" was, is, and always will be childishly simple.

360 days later its still working so I stick to it.

And that is....

Don't worry about tomorrow, next week, next month or next year. Instead, put all of your energy, meaning all of your mind, body, heart and soul into getting through this day and this day only stone cold sober.

Good luck and God Bless
Old 08-15-2013, 03:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Smile

hi babs,,,well done and welcome to sr,,,hope u find lots of support ere,,and make lots of new friends,,xx
have u heard of rational recovery too??
the website offers lots of advice on quitting,,its worth a look,,think its rationalrecovery.org,,,,,it has some guidance ,,,also ,,,check out aa in yr area,,,im not an aaer ,,but if it works for u ,,,then thats just fab,,,keep on keepin on hun,,yr doin fab x
hugs xx cleo xxx

Last edited by Cleopatra1; 08-15-2013 at 03:54 AM. Reason: dang spellin
Old 08-15-2013, 04:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Babs, firstly I just want to say I'm really proud if you!

As far as the plan I didn't have one in the beginning ( not recommending) but I too had a husband that said enougs enough. I didn't want to be a drunk mommy. I stayed close to SR all day. The only plan I had and have is dont let drinking be an option. After the incident that led my husband do say," drink again and I and your children are gone" I never let that be an option.
Give yourself this gift it's not going to be an easy road but a rewarding one. The moms are always here for you hugs
Old 08-15-2013, 04:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

As a rookie on my zillionth time trying to give up heroin but Also a alcoholic as well id say AA - it's so hard to do on your own. If you can't drink anymore id imagine alot of your pals booze drink free friends and environments is key.