Back on the Merry Go Round!

Old 08-14-2013, 08:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back on the Merry Go Round!

Afternoon All,

It's been a while, since I last visited, but here I am again as my AH has relapsed after a 2 month sober period.He has been drinking one day a week, in the past it was 5 days, so of course in an 'addicts brain' that equals no reason to stop!

Slowly but surely his behaviour and drinking is esculating though as expected.

I feel quiet detached from him, I dont feel the need to try and 'fix' him, I know I cant, it is his battle not mine.

What is upsetting me though is the fact he is so absorbed in his addiction that he cant even see (or more like choses not to) that he is losing everyone around him.

His brother and parents are slipping away and they dont want very much to do with him and his parents are having counselling because of him.

I dont think he even really cares, just thinks everyone exagerates the situation. Classic denial.

Last week he slept in a shed as I have made it clear he is not welcome drunk in our home. After a night in the shed he suddenly wants some help... its funny how when it effects them they want to do something about it but when he is ruining his parents marraige of 50 years he isnt phased?

He didnt come home last night, I have no idea where he is today, he has not contacted me and whats more, I feel like my week will be a whole lot easier if it stays that way.

I hate that I feel that way because when my AH is well, I adore him, he is my best friend and we are happy.

I just needed to vent because I HATE addiction, it is the most awful disease and everytime you dare to hope he just might make a long term sobriety .... he relapses and it is heart break all over again.

Back on the Merry Go Round of destruction.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry - but glad you are detached! It's all we can do to save ourselves! Hang in there, there is no hell quite like it, but we're here with you!
Old 08-14-2013, 09:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Toss them in the shed!

So brilliant in the simplicity!

Love It!

I am thinking that should be part of any rehab program.

Way to go.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sorry that the merry-go-round is cycling again. For so many of us, this is the cycle of our lives. Take care of yourself!
Old 08-14-2013, 04:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gollum View Post

He didnt come home last night, I have no idea where he is today, he has not contacted me and whats more, I feel like my week will be a whole lot easier if it stays that way.
Dear Gollum,
I am so sorry. I wish I couldn't say I've been in your shoes, but they fit me, perfectly. Size 9, narrow?

I just stepped off the ride today, as a matter of fact. And I'm profoundly sad. But I also know I'm going to be OK, and I now know that my whole LIFE will be easier. Yours will get better, too.

Take care of yourself.
SQ