Need alittle pep talk, feeling down

Old 08-13-2013, 06:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need alittle pep talk, feeling down

Just needed to be reminded that I am doing the right thing. Some info; married 12 yrs to AH, has been some abuse, 2 DUI'S, Pfa right now. Moved out with kids in May. AH has tried to quit twice now in that time. Week and half ago he wrecked his Harley. Not bad, but enough. Daughter does not want to spend time with him. I am just feeling down today, second guessing myself. Do not like being broke, being without kids when they are at AH'S house. Having alot of wrong thoughts, like I should go back. Just need alittle reassurance today.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Old 08-13-2013, 09:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Babe,
It's HARD. Let's face it. We all have this naive dream that a miracle will happen and the drunk will get sober and become Prince Charming and we will live happily ever after.

But after 12 years, 2 DUIs, etc -- it doesn't look like that miracle is right on the other side of the door, does it?

I've been broke as a church mouse, I've cried when the kids have been at AXH's and called me and cried and wanted to come home and he hasn't let them. It's HARD. But it DOES get easier. And no money, house, belongings, lifestyle on earth can compare with the peace of NOT having to live with an actively drinking alcoholic.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Girl...I have been in your shoes. I made a decision to go back......I missed my kids, broke, and depressed. It was christmas time for me. I went and stayed Christmas Night and we all played house.....that was all I needed. Just a night to realize that is not what I want. I got on my knees the next day and reconnected and the next day, woke up realizing what a ding dong I was. By me going back is NOT going to change anything.....I have grown thru the years and become healthy. For me, it was losing my spiritual connection and getting depressed. Staying that night and seeing things for what they really were, snapped me back to reality. It gets easier.....get thru the tough times, and keep reaching out! U will be able to help another by going thru this girl!
Old 08-13-2013, 10:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes, it is hard. It's been 2 yrs since the divorce and just now I'm finally letting myself remember some of the good times in our marriage. I know myself too well to let myself think about those times before now or I would still be back in the chaotic marriage drowning.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

And I know that the miracle is not going to happen. My daughter keeps reminding me of that. He is on his 2nd time in 3 months telling us he is done and no more drinking. This time it is 9 days so far, I think. He even went to church with his sister on Sunday!!?? Not really sure what that was about. I know it would only take one day of being there to bring me back to reality. I just hate his good boy days because I can not ignore them completely just yet. I am better than I used to be. Just needed to hear it from other people.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Skipper

For me, One Day at a Time had to start with One Minute at a Time. Remember your Higher Power is in control of every situation. Yield to that, even if it's minute by minute. Don't bother with whether he went to church, with whom, and why. Work on which day it is that YOU are free from the madness of this Family Disease. Which day are YOU on?
Old 08-13-2013, 10:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
kab

Prayer

HI MYFREEDOM.,,what i do when things are going wrong,,problems ,worries etc,i pray i ask jesus for help,,,,to help me do the right thing,,,,i pray also to keep me sober,,,today.i pray also for jesus to help the other people in my life,,for me prayer works , "jly" ,i hope i helped you even a little,,
Old 08-13-2013, 03:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Myfreedom, LISTEN TO YOUR DAUGHTER. Out of the mouth of babes, right?

You are doing this for her, also. (aren't you).

It is natural to have apprehension of the future--of the unknown. But, please don't let this destroy your future.

He doesn't sound remotely ready for sobriety, at this time. You will regret it if you turn back to the same ole, same ole.

dandylion
Old 08-13-2013, 06:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

yeah. You might need a refresher course.

Maybe a weekend Continuing Education course with AH.

(now go hit yourself over the head yelling -- stupid, stupid, stupid)

Do not sweat it. My daughter is A LOT smarter than me, too.

How's that for a pep talk?