Notices

2 days in bed

Old 08-11-2013, 05:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 days in bed

Well I have not left my bedroom for 2 days. No food, just water. Do not really know what to do. No desire to drink, just no energy. I hope everyone on SR is well.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Achelus,

give yourself one more day. Then get out of the bed, change the sheets and call someone. Do you have a doctor? Maybe theres a helpline? You might consider calling AA hotline and seeing about a meeting.

If AA isnt for you, theres other recovery methods. I didnt get sober to be miserable. Many times we are self treating underlying issues with alcohol or drugs. Might be a good time to get checked out.

Love from Lenina
Old 08-11-2013, 05:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Are you going through withdrawal?
Are things getting any better?

Hoping the best for your recovery.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You don't have energy because you're not eating! Force something down even if it's just soup or milk.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

No just depressed and stressed about starting teaching and being alone all the time.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

A little time off is good - going into 3 days is probably not so good.

Maybe it's time to call someone Ach - Dr, counsellor, therapist?

D
Old 08-11-2013, 06:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you start feeling better soon.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Please get some help from your doctor, Ache. I always used to get anxiety myself before the school year started, but I'm so much better now that I have a year-round job. (Still in education though).

Anyhow, I hope you're feeling better soon.

June
Old 08-11-2013, 06:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ach - I spent the entire weekend pretty much on my couch watching TV. I used to worry about it when I felt like this, but in my almost a year (yay!) I've learned a valuable lesson. Listen to your body. And when it tells me to curl up and not move I don't.

Granted, I have a full time job, house to run, and travel for work so I'm not exactly in your situation but believe me - the body knows what it wants.

I agree with Dee that 3 days could mean onset of depression and perhaps a visit to the doctor would be helpful.

But just know that we are all learning how to live sober, and for me that apparently means a lot of time sitting on my ass. LOL!

Don't let it consume you, but don't worry too much. Just keep going and keep posting.

I'm proud of you.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Ok I am eating now. Feeling a little better. I have to print out a syllabus tonight and then go clothes shopping for more "professional" clothes, just khakis is all I need really. I have to teach my first class at 230 and then one right after that at 320. So I hope I feel better by the morning. I am going to let digestion work and rest, then do the syllabus and go to the clothing store. Maybe I just needed to eat something. My training took up all my time and I didn't get to see my doctor or counselor this past week, so I hope to see them Thursday when I don't have any classes or anything.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good news- bad news.

Good news- What you've been going through the last three days is perfectly normal. I keep a journal and my first three days were hell. Just hell.

Bad News- On Day three I stopped feeling sorry for myself, got off my ass and got out of my house.

I encourage you to do the same.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:40 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Yep going to teach tomorrow and I will feel better fulfilling my responsibilities. I'm trying to forget about my mother who is a drunk. I haven't talked to her in five years and I feel bad about it. I just want to spend time by myself, I don't want be around other people, but I should feel better tomorrow morning. It is raining here now.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:40 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

One foot in front of the other Ach...you can do this! We are here to support you.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:56 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Acheleus View Post
Yep going to teach tomorrow and I will feel better fulfilling my responsibilities. I'm trying to forget about my mother who is a drunk. I haven't talked to her in five years and I feel bad about it. I just want to spend time by myself, I don't want be around other people, but I should feel better tomorrow morning. It is raining here now.
I feel you.

My Father was a drunk, which if you think about it is GREAT news! Parents who are also drunks, are excellent anti-role models! You may not know what you wanna be, but you damn sure know what you do NOT want to become like!

Now Break the cycle and sail into your destiny!

One of favorite quotes is by Abraham Lincoln who said "The best thing about the future is that it only comes one day at a time!"

Be encouraged
Old 08-11-2013, 06:58 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the kind words. Not sure why I am feeling so tired.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:00 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi Ach, I agree with everyone here about listening to your body, especially early in recovery. But also think maybe getting checked out for depression might help? I remember you *might* have posted about this before? Not sure whether you tried meds or not. I know that I had an underlying issue with depression that made my first couple of attempts at sobriety a big hurdle. When I got that straightened out, that helped the peaks and dips of early sobriety a lot. Not perfect, but better

I still spent a lot of time in bed, however. And, to be honest, still do when I can. Like IWillWin said, when I am tired, I now sleep. Good thing is that people don't think I am lying and using it as an excuse to hide a hangover anymore so that's refreshing in and of itself

Anyway, hope you're feeling better tonight and always good to read your posts! Glad you're staying sober. I know your school and teaching schedule is rough and I admire you for hanging in there through that!
Old 08-11-2013, 11:00 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi Acheleus. I feel for you. You and I have been at this sobriety thing bout the same time. I think you started just a few days ahead of me. I really love being sober but I struggle ALOT with lethargy and that's starting to get to me. I've had a tough week emotionally as I've had to straddle some difficulties with people I'm close to. It all gets very exhausting sometime....just dealing with things head on 24/7. I imagine the stress of starting the teaching gig is pretty exhausting. I have a feeling that once you're actually up and doing it...all will be well. The anxiety/dread/anticipation? will be in the past and you'll just be doing it : )

I'm rooting for ya...as always...my little cyber sobriety brother
Old 08-11-2013, 11:20 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Yea I am nervous but I will do my best. I am just going to the library and classes, then my apartment. I do not have any time to drink so I hope to just walk to get my relaxation done. Cannot sleep but going to print the syllabus soon. Class starts late in the afternoon so I feel better teaching at that time than early in the morning. Thanks Nuudawn.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:41 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I hope you feel better. Best of luck with your teaching. You can and will do it. I am rooting for you.