The Grief came pouring out

Old 08-11-2013, 12:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Grief came pouring out

My cat is missing for 24 hours. And it's as if this incident just broke my emotional back. The tipping point. The sobbing and grief I feel is like a tidal wave. My daughter had a brain injury 5 months ago, (she is greatly improved), my EX-AB reconciled for two weeks, the broke it off via email; and now my cat is gone. Come f'ing ON universe!

I have been angry at the exAB for the last 3 plus weeks. Sadness/grief...a bit...but I just wasn't there yet. Anger keep me working, functioning, biking, living life...kind of normal.

Then my Callie Bear, my 14 year cat is gone. She was attacked by an off the leash dog Friday. The dog came on our property with a Contractor and ran into our garage where my Callie was chillin'. He didn't physically hurt her, but scared her possibly to death. The contractor did other unprofessional things, including bringing his dog onto my property, so he didn't get the bid. And now Callie is gone.

And I am becoming unglued. I can't stop crying; over my EX-AB, my sick daughter, and now my missing Callie Bear. It's all coming down. hard.

Thanks for listening.

Love/hugs,

Carrie
Old 08-11-2013, 12:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

well sure.

I would be upset, too.

It is EASY to get an Alcoholic, but a Good Cat is hard to find, let alone one with 14 years seniority. That is a real loss.

Hope you find her. Best to you.

You have checked all the little cubby holes? I had a cat get stuck down a concrete block in a garage. Pulled him out by his tail. Turned out fine. Good cat.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear. Hopefully your cat will come back once she get over the trauma. Good to hear about your daughter doing well.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I just realize with her missing; it's unplugging stored up grief. What is the record for sustained crying? I don't subscribe to the theory that crying releases pain and heals. It just feels crazy to me.

Callie is not on the premises...i have checked every nook/cranny. My daughter is coming over with flyers, I have spoke with all my neighbors, and I will check the animal shelters tomorrow.

Hammer Quote:"It is EASY to get an Alcoholic, but a Good Cat is hard to find, let alone one with 14 years seniority. That is a real loss."

Truth to that Hammer.
Old 08-11-2013, 01:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hoping you find your cat SOOOOON, nbay!! I would be beside myself if one of my houndies was AWOL.

My mom's cat was "lost" for over a MONTH and eventually returned, dirty and thin, but healthy otherwise, long after my mom had given up hope.

I really hope yours doesn't make you wait that long!
Old 08-11-2013, 01:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

nbay.....

I do hope your precious Callie Bear returns!
Old 08-11-2013, 01:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Praying for the safe retun of Callie.

Love those kitties!

The grief of loosing something that gives unconditional love, especially living in the termoil most here do, is almost unbearable.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I'm so sorry, Carrie--hope she finds her way home, and soon!
Old 08-11-2013, 02:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm with you on the crying front, I'm sure we are breaking records here on SR. I hope you find her soon and keep up the search. My dog lived to be 19.5 years I totally get the bond between you.

Sending positive vibes.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ZenMe View Post
I'm with you on the crying front, I'm sure we are breaking records here on SR.
egads...i feel dehydrated from tears. My daughter came over to be with me and put up flyers. What a sight...mother/daughter walking around the neighborhood putting up flyers...with intermittent tears. I got Callie Bear for her when she was 10.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Oh nbay, I am so sorry. I really feel like if she has only been gone two days and was scared into leaving, that she will find her way home soon. I would keep calling her name. She could be within ear shot, hiding.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Big fat bear hugs and hopes that Callie Bear is hiding out and waiting to make sure that nasty dog is really gone!

You know, grief hits at weird times and are triggered by strange things. But this isn't strange to me. I'm sure your cat has been a great source of love and cuddles and strength for you during the upheaval you've been going through. I'd feel sad, too.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:08 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
well sure.

It is EASY to get an Alcoholic, but a Good Cat is hard to find, let alone one with 14 years seniority. That is a real loss.
I know this is a serious topic, but Hammer kills me with this comment. Mostly because it is pure truth.

Hope you find her - my cat hid in the sock drawer for 3 days once, and I had posted ads all over the darn city looking for him.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:43 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Oh I'm so sorry! I'm a cat person too. Hope she comes home soon. Have all my fingers and toes crossed.

If given the choice I'd choose my cat over my AH any old day!
Old 08-11-2013, 04:27 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lillamy View Post

You know, grief hits at weird times and are triggered by strange things. But this isn't strange to me. I'm sure your cat has been a great source of love and cuddles and strength for you during the upheaval you've been going through. I'd feel sad, too.
You hit the nail on the head...having Callie go missing when I am trying to be so strong with "No Contact" with the XAB and also being a source of strength to my daughter; well it just took that last bit of stoicism and all the grief hit me at once. Thank you so much for understanding.
Old 08-11-2013, 04:31 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lyssy View Post

The grief of loosing something that gives unconditional love, especially living in the termoil most here do, is almost unbearable.
That is exactly right. It feels unbearable. At other times, I would be more reasonable; giving Callie a few more days to come home; being more steady. But I have just become unglued being in the third week of No Contact with the XAB. Just lying in bed weeping. Egads.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:18 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I hope your Callie comes home soon! Safe and sound.
Hugs and good wishes
Old 08-11-2013, 06:21 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Sending prayers that you find Callie very soon.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:43 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thinking about you! Pets certainly teach/give us unconditional love and certainly become our best friend! I am praying Callie returns soon!
Old 08-12-2013, 08:26 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thank you so much everyone. She still has not returned. Her disappearance leaves me with such lack of closure; is she dead, is she lost and scared, is she hiding, is she at a shelter (I will be calling today), is she with a nice family?.

This feeling really triggered the recent abrupt break up with the XAB - It was so sudden; no answers only questions spinning in my mind.

Then grief