Notices

Newly Sober, New to this site

Old 08-10-2013, 08:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Newly Sober, New to this site

I don't know where to start, I guess from the beginning.

I'm a 27 year old Male living in New Hampshire. I have been using drugs since I was roughly 15 years old. It started off with just weed and quickly expanded onto harder and more destructive and expensive drugs. I've never really had a problem with alcohol, though I have drank and been drunk before. It is not my first choice.

I guess I am what they refer to as a poly-addict, but my main d.o.c. is cocaine. I used to be content just sniffing it, then I got introduced to smoking it and it has really taken a toll on my life. I have done a lot of grimy things to get my fix, robbing, stealing, cheating, lying, you name it.

I really messed up this time and I am losing a lot of respect and trust from my family and peers. I don't know what to do or where to turn. I currently do not work so I'm working on getting a job and maybe going back to school.

Right now in my free time and my non-drug related leisure time I like to write and record my own music, I am a rapper, I enjoy making hip hop music by myself and with friends. I also love sports. I play a lot of cards such as rummy and poker. I am searching for people that are in similar situations with being newly sober and trying to build a good support system.

I am really just looking for some help and support

To those who spend their time reading this;
Old 08-10-2013, 09:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome, Mystic, joining this site is a good start and congratulations on your decision to become sober. I am sure others will be along to offer advice and support. It sounds as those you have many interests to occupy your time which is a good thing. Having a plan is essential to success. Keep us posted.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thanks LuLu, it's good to know there are other people going through similar situations, whether they are currently new to the struggle or have been fighting it for years. I understand that this is a lifetime disease.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Meant to say sounds as though, not those. Sheesh, I am even sober!
Old 08-10-2013, 09:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

lol no harm no foul :P
Old 08-10-2013, 09:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello mystic
Old 08-10-2013, 09:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on working to get sober!
Old 08-10-2013, 09:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

hello Jump
Old 08-10-2013, 09:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

AA NA Meetings in Concord, NH | In The Rooms

If you scroll down on this link there are a bunch of Narcotics Anonymous meetings in Concord. I go to NA. If you have any questions I would be willing to help in any way. I highly recommend you check out a meeting. U will find great hope there!
Old 08-10-2013, 10:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome! I think this site is a good place to start on getting sober. I'm a new(ish) member. Like, I was on here last year, then started drinking again, and now I'm back. Hopefully for good Trying not to have to do day one again. I hope you don't have to either. Good luck!

PS, I'm 27 too, it came up in another thread that there are a lot of people our age here
Old 08-11-2013, 10:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

WritingHelps

are you male or female and where are you from? Thanks for letting me know there are a lot of people my age around on here, it helps!